British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   YAKAT - Yet Another K1 Application Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/yakat-yet-another-k1-application-thread-611102/)

Noorah101 Jul 14th 2009 3:30 pm

Re: YAKAT - Yet Another K1 Application Thread

Originally Posted by Zap-Robo (Post 7751801)
Does this clear up any confusion you may have had? I thought I was being fairly straightforward here!

I understand now. You were completing all of HER forms, and then sending them to her in the USA for her to review and sign. That's just a bit unusual, so it threw us off. Usually it's the USC who completes the I-129F, one G-325A, and one letter of intent. Usually all the UKC sends over to the USA is one G-325A and one letter of intent.

We got confused because you were filling out her forms for her.

Rene

jeffreyhy Jul 14th 2009 4:01 pm

R and R,

Sounds clear to me where each of them is and why he mailed the forms and documents he completed to the USA.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Zap-Robo (Post 7751692)
No, I left the proof with my fiancee last time I visited (mid-March). We've held off till now so that the rough processing times, etc. sync with when we want to get hitched (end of 2010 or so).

No face to face meeting until September now.

Zap-Robo Jul 14th 2009 4:01 pm

I'm a bit more organised so I'm keeping things straight for us :)

Rete Jul 14th 2009 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Zap-Robo (Post 7751801)
Does this clear up any confusion you may have had? I thought I was being fairly straightforward here!

Yup, crystal clear now :thumbsup:

Zap-Robo Aug 8th 2009 12:08 am

Update: 07/08/09

My finacee has the notification from the Post Office that the I-129F (And Friends) have arrived at the California Service Centre.

Lets hope they're not short on drinks coasters :p

gstring Aug 8th 2009 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Zap-Robo (Post 7751947)
I'm a bit more organised so I'm keeping things straight for us :)

This has was the case with a good friend of mine. It was much easier for her to do it all and just sent it over. She had time on her hands and he didn't. You seem to be on the ball. Good luck to you and I hope things run smooth!

gentlestar Sep 22nd 2009 4:38 am

:thumbup:hello .. i'm heather .. andy (zap) has been posting on our progress, i guess i'm the one he's doing all the work for! :} he's just so wonderful .. well we got our NOA and all signed up to see the processing times .. so excited and happy its finally in and started .. Zap has done a wonderful job on making things perfect .. i'm just so unorganized i'm glad one of us isnt!:thumbsup:

Moonshadow_Girl Sep 22nd 2009 9:24 pm

Just wanted to say congratulations and welcome to BE Gentlestar. :thumbup:

meauxna Sep 22nd 2009 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Moonshadow_Girl (Post 7955247)
Just wanted to say congratulations and welcome to BE Gentlestar. :thumbup:

Yes! Hi Heather, welcome! :)

gentlestar Sep 23rd 2009 2:33 pm

thanks! sorry its taken so long but i happen to be lazy too LOL .. its nice to have the process finally going .. just gonna be a long 5 months .. i was curious i know we did all of our paper work right and got the NOA but if something was wrong and you needed more proof or left something out do you still get a NOA or do you get a different letter telling you that you missed something ?

Noorah101 Sep 23rd 2009 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by gentlestar (Post 7957594)
thanks! sorry its taken so long but i happen to be lazy too LOL .. its nice to have the process finally going .. just gonna be a long 5 months .. i was curious i know we did all of our paper work right and got the NOA but if something was wrong and you needed more proof or left something out do you still get a NOA or do you get a different letter telling you that you missed something ?

At the I-129F stage, if something is missing, USCIS will send an RFE for the missing documents. At the visa stage, you are told at your interview if something is missing, you are given a form telling you what you need to provide and how much time you have to send it in.

Rene

Zap-Robo Jan 28th 2010 7:42 am

Well, thought I'd post an update here...

04th November 2009
We got an email notification that a Request for Evidence had been sent out, and processing of the I-129F had been paused.

It arrived a day or two later in person and it turns out that the photos sent were not valid (as they weren't dated) and evidence of the year the visits took place in were needed.

Y'see, it turns out that the flight ticket stubs have no year on them. At all!

So, I ordered back statements of my bank account, photocopied pages of my passport and provided copies of the eTickets for the flights. Took me a while to get everything together in a pretty package and sent it off to my fiancee in the States.

15th January 2010
My evidence package arrived with my fiancee. She added a ticket stub, the receipt for the engagement ring, and bounced it on to the California Service Center.

20th January 2010
We get an email (and SMS) notification that the RFE was in hand with them and processing of the case will resume.

27th January 2010
I woke up this morning to the great news that an email notification has confirmed that the I-129F application has been approved! Half way there now... guess I ought to start reading up on the next stage!

I'd like to thank everyone here for their advise so far and for any and all who have contributed to the Wiki. It has all been invaluable in enabling us to self-file for the application and not use an overpriced lawyer!

Chrissie85 Jan 28th 2010 11:58 am

Excellent another recruit!! :0)

Welcome to the class of 2010!!! :)

ajmstevenson Jan 28th 2010 9:46 pm

Just been reading your thread.

Congrats on everything, you must be really excited. I know how it feels to have to have endless copied of everything. I also do everything for my other half, he is not organised at all. We just got married last month and are putting the final forms together to get my Adjustment of Status so I can stay here in the US permanently.

Its a long road ahead, with I am afraid even more forms to fill and hoops to jump through, but I am sure I am not the only person here to tell you how worth it it is!

Zap-Robo Feb 20th 2010 5:48 pm

Well, I now have the official letter from the "Immigrant Visa Branch" and an assigned case number at the London Embassy. Cheap lot that they are I got an un-letterheaded letter with just a couple of URL's on for what to do next.

So, after a lot of reading and prodding, here's my new checklist of actions. Since nothing can happen until the medical is done I'm going to get my "Step 1" under my belt first as well as sending off for things in my "Step 2".

Once I have everything, I can then slave over a hot printer to output "Step 3". Then back to waiting! I'd appreciate anyone casting a weather-eye over my list and see if I missed anything glaring here...

Step 1: Medical Exam

Requires...
Passport
1x Passport-style Photo
Vaccination Record
Medical Form

Charges
Base Charge: 190 GBP
Possible Vaccinations Charges (Male, 29 = Td/Tdap, MMR): 65 GBP
Listed, Bacteriological examination of sputum: 105 GBP (Optional?)

Step 2: Gather Documents

- Police Certificate (35 GBP charge, 1x signed passport-style photo)
- Birth Certificate (pre-owned!)
- Evidence of Support (I-134's and notarised tax return copies from my fiancee)
- 3x Passport-style Photos

Step 3: Send Forms to Embassy

1x DS-230 Part 1
2x DS-156
1x DS-156K
2x DS-157
1x IV-15K