Reload this Page >

Yahoo, we got packet 3!

Wikiposts

Yahoo, we got packet 3!

Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

DustyTraveller is on a distinguished road
Default Yahoo, we got packet 3!

Ok, but now I'm confused about one part: who needs to fill out the I-864?

The list of stuff that the 'immigrant' is supposed to collect included "Any evidence that shows that you and the members of your family who will accompany you are not likely to become a public charge..."

Should I take this to mean that Sunil himself is the one who's supposed to fill out the I-864? Neither of us make enough to meet the poverty guidelines (even combining any assets we have) and we have a joint sponsor in the US. But we got a little confused now about who fills out the I-864, is it the USC or the immigrant spouse?

Thanks!!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

DustyTraveller is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yahoo, we got packet 3!

Originally Posted by DustyTraveller
Ok, but now I'm confused about one part: who needs to fill out the I-864?

The list of stuff that the 'immigrant' is supposed to collect included "Any evidence that shows that you and the members of your family who will accompany you are not likely to become a public charge..."

Should I take this to mean that Sunil himself is the one who's supposed to fill out the I-864? Neither of us make enough to meet the poverty guidelines (even combining any assets we have) and we have a joint sponsor in the US. But we got a little confused now about who fills out the I-864, is it the USC or the immigrant spouse?

Thanks!!
Ok, I feel retarded. I just read the instructions for the I-864 and it says right on it that for family-based immigrants, the family member petitioning for the intended immigrant is the one who has to fill out the paperwork. Doy! I knew that, I just get confused easily!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yahoo, we got packet 3!

Congrats and good luck....