Wikiposts

x ray

Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default x ray

I just filled out a I 693 and I was told by the medical staff that they cannot sign my forms unless I take another x ray photo.

Even though I held the one I took at the American Embassy in london with me.

I told them that I already have one and refused to take another which they charge by the way. Has anyone else gone through this?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:40 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: x ray

As someone who works in the medical field, I will take a guess about why the one you brought is not ok.

It is not possible for a dr to KNOW that the results that you (the patient) had to them are really *your* medical records.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by veryfunny
I just filled out a I 693 and I was told by the medical staff that they cannot sign my forms unless I take another x ray photo.

Even though I held the one I took at the American Embassy in london with me.

I told them that I already have one and refused to take another which they charge by the way. Has anyone else gone through this?
Just wondering why a I-693 is required in your case?

I have just filed for AOS and the instructions stated that I did not have to complete the I-693 if I was a K1; all that was needed was a vaccination supplement.

Hoping I have not made a mistake with the papers I filed now!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
As someone who works in the medical field, I will take a guess about why the one you brought is not ok.

It is not possible for a dr to KNOW that the results that you (the patient) had to them are really *your* medical records.

But why does he/she need to have another x-ray? I thought that the medical when applying for a K1 was good for one year. Furthermore, I would have thought that the results of the x-ray would have been recorded by the Embassy in the original file.

Last edited by 207lonsdale; Feb 9th 2004 at 1:57 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have just checked the forms, which state the following:

"If you are a K-1 fiance(e) or a K-2 dependent who had a medical exam within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiance(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application."

Thus I do not see why the OP needs to have another x-ray, as according to his/her timeline he got his K1 in October 2003.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 207lonsdale
I have just checked the forms, which state the following:

"If you are a K-1 fiance(e) or a K-2 dependent who had a medical exam within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiance(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application."

Thus I do not see why the OP needs to have another x-ray, as according to his/her timeline he got his K1 in October 2003.
Thanks, that is why I refused to get it done again, inaddition these people charge a fortune. $95 for one injection which I do not really need. The medical practice told me if I did not get the chicken pox injection they will not completely fill out the form nor signed all of it.