Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

wow I am shock..conditions removed with no interview!!!!!!

wow I am shock..conditions removed with no interview!!!!!!

Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default wow I am shock..conditions removed with no interview!!!!!!

Hiya,

I just got a letter today... after applying April 20th and not expecting to hear for a long time, saying...

"Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. ...."

ummm WOW no interview, or anything, (was via Vermont Service Center) and according to their website they are still only processing April 01. I am in absolute shock!!!

Now for my next question. I move on Wednesday (Thank god I got this before we moved!!!) and have the AR11 filled out ready to file, so what do I do now ?

a) Make an appointment at the Baltimore office as the letter says, and take the AR11 with me - will they process that AND stamp the passport while I am there, or at least accept it or would that just confuse things.
b) Submit the AR11, then make an infopass appointment for the new office (Washington DC Area, Fairfax) asap and take in another copy of the AR11 and the original letter. Will they make me go to Baltimore anyhow as that is where it is from??
c) Any other option

Any ideas anyone ?? I am still in absolute shock, and am now officially an IF1, whatever that means *beams*

Thanks for any responses
Lee
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:19 am
Just Joined

rajnewyorker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wow I am shock..conditions removed with no interview!!!!!!

Hey lee...congrats

I have sent my i-751 on 5/22 and recieved extention letter and after that everything is quite...can you tell me your time line....so i would guess how long it will take time...and now a days ppl are getting fingerprinting and biomatrics letter rite after submitting i-751 and rite after getting extention letter and i dont know if they started something new here...coz after getting extention letter i have not heard from immigration office any thing...what about you case...

Raj
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:44 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Submit the AR11 to the address specified ...

IF1 ..is the new classification... INFIDEL 1 its to placate certain factions
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Cool Re: wow I am shock..conditions removed with no interview!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Ray
Submit the AR11 to the address specified ...

IF1 ..is the new classification... INFIDEL 1 its to placate certain factions
Hi

Ok so I will submit the ar11 as it says on the form, but then should I make an infopass appoitnment for the office in the new area or the old one? We move wednesday, but have this house till friday, and I can get an infopass for early next week... Way before the form will hit the file or anything?

My timeline for the 751 is submitted april 20th to vermont, receipt received april 25th with extension letter, then august 21st approval received.

My other timeline up to this point is in my bio..

Thanks
Lee
Thanks
Lee
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:55 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they interview that often for I-751s anyway so don't be too shocked

Congratulatons
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leebarton
Hi

Ok so I will submit the ar11 as it says on the form, but then should I make an infopass appoitnment for the office in the new area or the old one? We move wednesday, but have this house till friday, and I can get an infopass for early next week... Way before the form will hit the file or anything?

My timeline for the 751 is submitted april 20th to vermont, receipt received april 25th with extension letter, then august 21st approval received.

My other timeline up to this point is in my bio..

Thanks
Lee
Thanks
Lee
Hi Lee,

Congratulations! The AR-11 doesn't actually initiate a change of address with USCIS. To do that, you should submit your change of address in writing, to the old office, and alert the new office as well. Also call the 800 number several times to inform them of the change.

My worry would be that they still don't update your file with the new address by the time they mail the 10-year card.

Hopefully someone can chime in with more exact info.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 4:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

I just got a letter today... after applying April 20th and not expecting to hear for a long time, saying...

"Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. ...."

ummm WOW no interview, or anything, (was via Vermont Service Center) and according to their website they are still only processing April 01. I am in absolute shock!!!

Now for my next question. I move on Wednesday (Thank god I got this before we moved!!!) and have the AR11 filled out ready to file, so what do I do now ?

a) Make an appointment at the Baltimore office as the letter says, and take the AR11 with me - will they process that AND stamp the passport while I am there, or at least accept it or would that just confuse things.
b) Submit the AR11, then make an infopass appointment for the new office (Washington DC Area, Fairfax) asap and take in another copy of the AR11 and the original letter. Will they make me go to Baltimore anyhow as that is where it is from??
c) Any other option

Any ideas anyone ?? I am still in absolute shock, and am now officially an IF1, whatever that means *beams*

Thanks for any responses
Lee
Congrats, Lee!
I think you will have to go to your current office. The AR-11 is mostly unrelated to your I-751.
If you go to Baltimore & do your I-89 to order your new card, you should be able to accurately change your MAILING addy with them, so that your new card is mailed to your new address. At least you are then speaking to an actual officer with the power to do something, and you are face to face instead of on the phone (easier to make things happen).
Then send in AR-11 to Kentucky per normal.

You can follow up with the usual change of address drill---AR-11 to you old office, one to your new office, one to your old Service Center etc etc.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

I only submitted my I-751 to the VSC on July 8th. But after receiving an appointment letter last week sent from VSC, I had to go get my biometrics done today at the Dover, DE ASC. They took my picture, and got my signature and the fingerprint on my right index finger. I just hope I don't have to go there again for about 10 years .
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

leebarton,

congratulations!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Lee......
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:47 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

Congrats Lee.... Good on Ya!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
Congrats Lee.... Good on Ya!

Thanks everyone

I just made an infopass for Baltimore, however one thing concerns me. The last point when you make the infopass appointment says

"Proof of Maryland residence is required to be serviced at this office. Please bring with you the appropriate documents to establish Maryland residency. "

I will still have a driving licence for Maryland, even though I will have an address in VA by then. Will I have a wasted journey, or will they process it and allow me to change the delivery address when I am there to be my VA address, or should I make an infopass for the Fairfax, VA office, and take the Baltimore letter even though they won't have the file?

I am confused! What a time to be moving as well!

Awaiting advice,
Lee
Old Aug 26th 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am thinking of cancelling the baltimore one and trying the local office (VA) first now with the MD letter and proof I am now a VA resident. If they insist I have to go to Baltimore then I will setup an infopass, but that last phrase about proving you are an MD resident concerns me.

Does this sounds a reasonable course of action? It would save me the 250 mile round trip until I knew I had to do it.

Will submit the AR11 too before then.

Hoping for some advice!
Lee
Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:20 am
Just Joined

justforregistrationonly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

c) Any other option

Thanks for any responses
Lee

Hi Lee,

What's next after your I-751 is approved? My case is approved according to a local USCIS officer but haven't received the physical approval letter yet. I know I need 3 photos to apply the permanent GC. What else should I be preparing? I wonder if I could apply it without the letter.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justforregistrationonly
Hi Lee,

What's next after your I-751 is approved? My case is approved according to a local USCIS officer but haven't received the physical approval letter yet. I know I need 3 photos to apply the permanent GC. What else should I be preparing? I wonder if I could apply it without the letter.

Once you have been approved and have the letter, you just make an infopass appointment and take

- the letter
- the old Green Card
- proof of id
- proof of residency at that address in the state
- 3 photos
- Your passport

They will fingerprint you etc there and then, take the photos, stamp the passport with the I-551 stamp, and order your new green card, which will come in the post.

I have now cancelled the Baltimore appointment and made one in VA as this is now my legal location, and will go to the VA address with the Baltimore letter and a copy of the AR11 and proof of address and hope for the best.
Lee