British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   WOW! AOS Interview Date Set - Minnesota (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/wow-aos-interview-date-set-minnesota-191874/)

KissingtheBrit Nov 19th 2003 12:36 am

WOW! AOS Interview Date Set - Minnesota

Husband got home today with a letter from USCIS - the first we've ever gotten, which prompted me to get my asthma inhaler out.

They have finally gotten around to scheduling Dave and I for our AOS interview - woo hoo. So, December 15th we'll be there with evidence in hand. :)

I was excited for about ten seconds and now am just scared to death. There is so much to think about and prepare. Well, at least it feels that way.

One question...does anyone have any idea how ebills effect things. I mean, they want to see joint bills and DH is joint on most our accounts, but we get very few paper statements. Almost everything is ebilled. How bad is that?

Anyway, that's my news for the day and now I am going to get my inhaler again.

Thanks for listening...

Ang

Oh yeah, should we bring KJ to the interview? She's pretty good evidence in our eyes, but then again, she'll only be 4 months old.
;)

katnap8 Nov 19th 2003 1:18 am

Re: WOW! AOS Interview Date Set - Minnesota

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We know just how you feel, we have our interview on the 2nd of December. I'm not sure how ebills works in regards to the interview. But perhaps if you had other things like lease/mortgage, medical insurance, a print out of the statements paid over the internet. I think you need to bring a copy of your child's birth certificate, but I'm not sure if you should bring him/her cause he/she might get fussy or tired and you may not be able to concentrate on the interview. Just a thought.

In any case...good luck :)

Cheers,

Kat and Chris

AndysGirl Nov 19th 2003 1:33 am

Yeah! Im so happy for all 3 of you. We are awaiting our invitation as well. I havent even started gathering the information they need, maybe because I dont know all the info we are suppose to have.

Anyways, congrats! Another stone walked over!

Robin

PEACHSTER Nov 19th 2003 4:40 am

Originally posted by KissingtheBrit
Husband got home today with a letter from USCIS - the first we've ever gotten, which prompted me to get my asthma inhaler out.

They have finally gotten around to scheduling Dave and I for our AOS interview - woo hoo. So, December 15th we'll be there with evidence in hand. :)

I was excited for about ten seconds and now am just scared to death. There is so much to think about and prepare. Well, at least it feels that way.

One question...does anyone have any idea how ebills effect things. I mean, they want to see joint bills and DH is joint on most our accounts, but we get very few paper statements. Almost everything is ebilled. How bad is that?

Thanks for listening...

Ang

Oh yeah, should we bring KJ to the interview? She's pretty good evidence in our eyes, but then again, she'll only be 4 months old.
;)

Angela when did you file AOS again?

Oh dear maybe I should start gettin things together just in case we get ours sooner then we thought.

KissingtheBrit Nov 19th 2003 1:28 pm

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
Angela when did you file AOS again?

Oh dear maybe I should start gettin things together just in case we get ours sooner then we thought.
Hi and thanks to everybody for the good wishes and everything. :) I'm such a worrier, I didn't sleep much last night, so this is going to be a loooong wait for me. *lol*

And I re-read the letter and discovered the interview is the 16th-Dec, NOT the 15th, so I better calm down and not freak out so much and get my facts straight.

Anyway, Peachster, we filed almost exactly a year ago, in November 2002. When we went to renew DH's EAD last month they told us it would be six more months til the interview...guess they were wrong.

:)

Angela

PS - Hey, Carl, if you're out there - have you heard anything???

Elenfair Nov 19th 2003 1:39 pm

Angela,

Remember to let us know how it goes! We plan to file for AOS on Feb 2 (wedding Jan. 30!)... so I guess we'll have our AOS interview a year or more after that :)

I'm one of those perpetual worriers too. Once I finally had my visa in hand, I found something ELSE to worry about. ;)

Will it ever end?

Hee!

Elly and Joe
(in the Twin Cities)

KissingtheBrit Nov 19th 2003 1:53 pm

Originally posted by Elenfair
Angela,

Remember to let us know how it goes! We plan to file for AOS on Feb 2 (wedding Jan. 30!)... so I guess we'll have our AOS interview a year or more after that :)

I'm one of those perpetual worriers too. Once I finally had my visa in hand, I found something ELSE to worry about. ;)

Will it ever end?

Hee!

Elly and Joe
(in the Twin Cities)

Hiya Elly and Joe,

:) I most definitely will post our experiences when we have our interview. It was sooo helpful to read the posts of others who filed/adjusted, especially our fellow Minnesotans...so we'll post and hopefully someone else will get some useful info off us.

Congrats on your rapidly approaching wedding!!

Angela :D

PEACHSTER Nov 19th 2003 2:53 pm

Good luck Angela :) I am sure it will all go fine.

I been coming here watching to see any posts from you if you got the letter. I wasnt expecting to see you get it this soon given what you was told.

We filed in August of this year & I just hope they dont send us a letter till sometime next year.

jcapulet Nov 19th 2003 3:12 pm

Congratulations Ang! I smiled after I read about how you were so excited, and then scared...because that is -exactly- how I am going to be LOL!

I don't know a lot about e-bills, but wouldn't the payment deductions show up on your bank statements? You could probably use those as well as any printouts or e-mail notifications that you have.

Good luck next month! :D:D

Juliet

Hypertweeky Nov 19th 2003 3:15 pm

Thanks for listening...

Ang

;)

Aww Ang!! Congrats on your AOS interview, so many good news today Yay! I am so happy!.
Why dont you print out the e-bills?? My brother prints his bills and put them into a very well organized folder so she can use them whenever its needed:).
Since KJ is still gonna be so young by the time you go the AOS interview, I will just bring her birth certificate:)
Take care and Yeah let us know how it goes!!

Carl Nov 24th 2003 1:37 pm

Hi and thanks to everybody for the good wishes and everything. :) I'm such a worrier, I didn't sleep much last night, so this is going to be a loooong wait for me. *lol*

And I re-read the letter and discovered the interview is the 16th-Dec, NOT the 15th, so I better calm down and not freak out so much and get my facts straight.

Anyway, Peachster, we filed almost exactly a year ago, in November 2002. When we went to renew DH's EAD last month they told us it would be six more months til the interview...guess they were wrong.

:)

Angela

PS - Hey, Carl, if you're out there - have you heard anything???

Sweet. Hopefully that means we are not far behind. Haven't heard anything yet though. (I think we applied around November 15th...it's been so long, I can't remember)

I had some experience recently with ebills. The Italian Embassy need a bank statement to process our visa application. I just printed out my most recent statement online, then took it to the bank and the teller noterized it for me. That seemed to work.

I don't think you will need any of that though. The birth certificate should be enough.

dutchman2001nl Nov 24th 2003 1:40 pm

Congratulations.....
:) :)

Carl Nov 24th 2003 1:41 pm

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
Good luck Angela :) I am sure it will all go fine.

I been coming here watching to see any posts from you if you got the letter. I wasnt expecting to see you get it this soon given what you was told.

We filed in August of this year & I just hope they dont send us a letter till sometime next year.
I wouldn't worry about this year since they are still working on petitions from last year... I stopped waiting months ago. It's too stressful to have some hope everyday when I go to the mailbox.

Carl Nov 24th 2003 1:57 pm

Originally posted by Carl
I wouldn't worry about this year since they are still working on petitions from last year... I stopped waiting months ago. It's too stressful to have some hope everyday when I go to the mailbox.
I just checked the online status and they are "officially" working on I-485 filed on 15 November, 2002 in Bloomington. Should be hearing something any day now:)

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

This local status is pretty nice. I think it's new - at least I've never seen it before on the USCIS website.

KissingtheBrit Nov 24th 2003 2:38 pm

Originally posted by Carl
I just checked the online status and they are "officially" working on I-485 filed on 15 November, 2002 in Bloomington. Should be hearing something any day now:)

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

This local status is pretty nice. I think it's new - at least I've never seen it before on the USCIS website.

I've never seen that either. Cool - you must be up next!! :) Maybe there will be nice, pretty stamps in some passports for Christmas. *lol*

Let me know when you hear...

Ang