Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Would USC wife filing for uk spouse visa impact cr1?

Wikiposts

Would USC wife filing for uk spouse visa impact cr1?

Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

BrittanyB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Would USC wife filing for uk spouse visa impact cr1?

Originally Posted by Rete
No, it does not mean you will rejected. A joint sponsor is the way to go if you don't have the assets and/or employment to sponsor alone.
Phew, thanks!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrittanyB
Was your dad a joint sponsor? I'm really nervous now, I am applying for my husband but I am unemployed. My dad will be the joint sponsor (he makes well over the minimum amount needed for this), but does this mean we might be rejected since I don't have a job?
britishspouse is referring to her USC husband's visa to the UK being denied, because britishspouse didn't earn enough income in the UK to sponsor him.

I think your question is the other way around, with regarding to immigrating to the USA. If you have a joint sponsor, you should be fine.

Rene
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rete
No, it does not mean you will rejected. A joint sponsor is the way to go if you don't have the assets and/or employment to sponsor alone.
Ohh yeah, if your doing it the USA route it shall be fine, guess the UK is just tougher. We showed financial proof my dad could support us, but they didnt accept that i guess

We have been told we can appeal it in loughborough, but no idea when that letter shall arrive.