Working on a K1 visa

Old Sep 21st 2018, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

bunkyboy will become famous soon enough
Default Working on a K1 visa

Hey guys
I'm curious as to whether you can earn money from a UK business even though I'm in the US currently going through the fiance visa programme?
Old Sep 21st 2018, 7:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working on a K1 visa

What do you mean by "currently going through the finance visa program?" Does that mean you are still waiting for the I-129F to be adjudicated and you are here visiting or that you already have the K-1 visa in your passport and have activated it at the POE? If that is the case, then the K-1 visa is no longer valid so you are not going through the fiancé visa program.

As for working, depends. If you are here on the K-1 visa, you have the right to work for the 90 day validity of the K-1 even though you don't have a paper/plastic EAD card. After marriage, you need to apply for your adjustment of status and wait until you have the employment authorization document in your hands (EAD) before you can work again. And this includes for any US or UK or any other country worldwide.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Currently in the US going through the fiancé visa program? There's no such thing...
Old Sep 27th 2018, 3:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Looked up this poster. Apparently he is married to an American and already living here and has been since 2011.

Take the man out of Yorkshire

Being that he has only 4 posts to his credit in 7 years, I wouldn't take him too seriously.