Wikiposts

working on the K1!

Old May 18th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: working on the K1!

Originally Posted by meauxna
The result of that might be no POE stamps for any K-1s.

Personally I don't think they are supposed to be giving them out at all. K-1s may *apply* for an EAD based on their status (which is what the SSA memo refers to) but since EADs take 90 days to process, that application would clearly go nowhere.
Other POEs stopped giving the K-1 EAD stamp before we even started our process, so this has been 'normal' since at least 2001.

The K-1 is simply not intended as a visa that you can start working on immediately. I realize that isn't keeping with modern use of the visa, but it was written in the early 70s IIRC.
Ok thanks for clarification, I definitely shall not be writing to the ombudsman then if it might hinder future K1ers working.

I'll just fill out all the AOS stuff before the wedding and as soon as we are married send it off pronto so I get the EAD asap
Old May 18th 2009, 9:37 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working on the K1!

yuk,

That's the CIS ombudsman. Don't know if he has enough time on his hands to get involved with CBP issues or not.

But if he does, meauxna might be right.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Might write to the immigration ombudsman and claim discrimination against future midwesterners