Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

work hostory on I129F/K1 visa application

work hostory on I129F/K1 visa application

Old Jun 17th 2002, 2:20 am
Abc

Default work hostory on I129F/K1 visa application

Goodmorning folks,

First of all, let me thank everyone on this newsgroup, for helping me thru the K1
visa process. When I was about to begin this process, it seemed like such a big
"chore" but thanks to you all, everything is going smoothly.

Now for my "soap-opera" question. Its been about 2 weeks since I received my 2nd NOA
from INS, and I just got done with "snail-mailing" my fiance copies of the I129F
application. While I was making photocopies, I noticed that in her work hostory, my
fiance, had filed out "UNEMPLOYED" and had written that she is a student. Currently
she is working full time and is also a full time student.

When I asked her about this, she mentioned that being she is working in a goverment
job, the US embassy people will frown upon that(according to some Lawyer she hired),
so it is better she says UNEMPLOYED.

Now my question.. am in trouble?? How can I get out of it?? Don't want to end up
having the K1 being rejected just because of this small thing.

Oh yes, I am the petitioner.

Thanks you all dan

Old Jun 17th 2002, 7:20 am
Aangiela

Default Re: work hostory on I129F/K1 visa application

If at that time she was a student, and marked it on the G-325A, then you'll be fine.
She gave the correct information at the time you submitted the form. They know that
things change in people's lives. I have had an employment change since filing the
I-129F, and will have another when it comes time to file AOS.

If she put "UNEMPLOYED" on the application, but was actually working at the time,
then you might have a problem.

Good luck,

Angie

Old Jun 17th 2002, 7:20 am
Mrs_blackross

think of it this way, if it was the truth at the time of filing, then she is fine.
however, the US Embassy et al will frown even more at an application with a
deliberate lie on it. If that she in fact IS working and was when she filled out the
form, she needs to state that on the forms. Anything else is an outright lie, and we
all know how INS feels about lies. I can't fathom how a lawyer would think it would
be better to LIE on the application.

--
Crazy Canuck married to a Dam Yankee Entered as Visitor 07/04/01 Married 08/25/01
Filed @ VSC-AOS, EAD, AP 01/07/02 1st NOA 02/06/02 2nd NOA 02/07/02 EAD approved
02/26/02 AP Approved 02/28/02 AOS appointment letter rec'd 03/07/02 Fingerprint
letter rec'd 03/07/02 AOS interview 04/02/02 AOS APPROVED 04/02/02!!! GC arrived in
mail 04/19/02 next step..removing conditions..April 2004

some helpful sites on the net:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
http://www.k1faq.com/faq_index.htm
http://www.geocities.com/immigration...-130/index.htm

"abc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Goodmorning folks,
    >
    > First of all, let me thank everyone on this newsgroup, for helping me thru the K1
    > visa process. When I was about to begin this process, it seemed like such a big
    > "chore" but thanks to you all, everything is going smoothly.
    >
    > Now for my "soap-opera" question. Its been about 2 weeks since I received my 2nd
    > NOA from INS, and I just got done with "snail-mailing" my fiance copies of the
    > I129F application. While I was making photocopies, I noticed that in her work
    > hostory, my fiance, had filed out "UNEMPLOYED" and had written that she is a
    > student. Currently she is working full time and is also a full time student.
    >
    > When I asked her about this, she mentioned that being she is working in a goverment
    > job, the US embassy people will frown upon that(according to some Lawyer she
    > hired), so it is better she says UNEMPLOYED.
    >
    > Now my question.. am in trouble?? How can I get out of it?? Don't want to end up
    > having the K1 being rejected just because of this small thing.
    >
    > Oh yes, I am the petitioner.
    >
    > Thanks you all dan

Old Jun 17th 2002, 10:20 am
Mrtravel

This is a DUMB thing to lie to INS or State about. There is a risk and there is
nothing to gain here.