Wikiposts

WOOOHOOOOO

Old Nov 15th 2002, 1:02 am
Patrick \

Default WOOOHOOOOO

No I don't have my k1 yet...... I'm due to be interviewed on december 5th

For those who aren't farmiliar with Dutch habbits... it's Sinterklaas .....
It's similair to Santa Claus.. but the American's only give him a big belly
and some dears.... ow and the Chimney boys where left out He also brings
pressents.... hope he will give my pressent on december 5th on 3:30 til 4:00
(pm that is)

I'm so excited!!!!!!

GreeTz

Patrick (The Dutch one)

Old Nov 15th 2002, 1:10 am
Scarlett

Default Re: WOOOHOOOOO

DAG Patrick!

wishing you an easy visa day. all the very best!!!

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Nov 15th 2002, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! What great news. Good luck!

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Nov 15th 2002, 3:05 am
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Default Interview!

Van harte gefeliciteerd, Patrick!
Zie je over een klein half jaartje wel verschijnen *S*
By the way... Ik heb net zelf mijn Permanent Resident Card ontvangen,
17 maanden na mijn interview in Amsterdam!
Old Nov 15th 2002, 4:06 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!! Best of luck (although I doubt you'll need it )

Juliet
Old Nov 15th 2002, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Patrick!

Let me know how the interview goes. My fiance' will also be doing his interview in Amsterdam.....
Old Nov 15th 2002, 5:36 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck and God Bless Patrick, I will be thinking about you

Patrick
Old Nov 15th 2002, 6:26 am
Patrick \

Thanks I will post how it went.

I was going to call the docter today but he isn't in until the 18th of
November. So Mondy I will make an appointment, I have to do this myself.

Patrick

> Congrats!! Best of luck (although I doubt you'll need it )
    > Juliet

Old Nov 15th 2002, 12:03 pm
Patrick \

Dutch mode (sorry guys)

Gefeliciteerd

Ik ben bang voor het interview ik zit me zo zenuwachtig te maken dat ik niet
weet wat ik nog moet doen. Ik heb alles 300x gechecked op juistheid en op
volledigheid..... als ik mijn examens zo moest maken dan slaagde ik wel
cum-laude

Welke kant van de US zit jij? Ik ga naar Anaheim California.

-----

(translation in short)

Petra congratulated me and told me she has been issued a greencard after 17
months after her interview in Amsterdam.

I told her thanks and told her my concerns concerning the interview.

-------

> Van harte gefeliciteerd, Patrick!
    > Zie je over een klein half jaartje wel verschijnen *S*
    > By the way... Ik heb net zelf mijn Permanent Resident Card ontvangen,
    > 17 maanden na mijn interview in Amsterdam!
    > --
    > Petra

Old Nov 15th 2002, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Vampier is an unknown quantity at this point

I just registered myself here

(I'm patrick.. the Dutchy )

cool page this British Expats
Old Nov 19th 2002, 12:10 am
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Patrick,
Don't worry, everything will be okay *S* I know, it's so easy to say, but at the time I went through it all, I was just as nervous...
The people at the Amsterdam Embassy are friendly and cooperative, except when you need to use the outhouse! *grin*
No, I'm not joking... I was nervous, and needed to go, so I asked one of the guards (not exactly sure what they are)
Well, they needed to get the key and made me wait (and wait, and... you know the drill *S*) then asked me to follow...
To my big surprise, they took me outside, and in the garden was a 'shed' with a toilet. Believe it or not!
By the time I made my way back (or at least I tried to, but the door was locked and I had to wait for a guard to let me back in again)
I found that my name had been called and the curtain for the little window had been drawn again.
But after a short wait, the curtain came up, I was sworn in, asked a couple of (obvious) questions,
then told me to be back in the afternoon, to pick up my passport... and there I was, being nervous for 'the interview'!
Anyway, long story short, Amsterdam was a pretty painless experience.
Good luck Patrick!

P.S. Wanna know where I am, huh?
I guess you never closely examined
the text under our beautiful Dutch flag...
*grin*

Last edited by Petra; Nov 19th 2002 at 12:14 am.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 12:32 am
Mrs. Yank

Some advice for Dutchies...
I've been here for almost a year and a half, and I've come to the conclusion that there are things that
I would have done differently. I'd thought I'd share these things with you, so you could benefit from it.

First of all, I discovered that -if I need to renew my Dutch passport- I need to travel to Houston, TX.
Nope, can't do it by mail, have to go in person! Since I live on the Georgia - South Carolina border,
you can imagine what an ordeal that would be! My advice, leave with a brand new passport, if you can!

The second thing is, that my Dutch driver's license expired while I was here. It doesn't really matter,
since I only used it for the first 90 days.
After 3 months, the same time-frame you can be here as a 'tourist', you need to go get one of the state you're in.
That turned out to be a hassle, because SC didn't recognize K1 Visa's. But that's a whole other story, if you're interested, read this:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=67296

Anyway, long story short... when my Dutch drivers license had expired, I realized that taking the test here or in Holland,
is a totally different thing. Why not renew it before you leave, it will be valid for 10 years... Any time you'll make it back
to the home-land, you could take a few minutes to renew it (I haven't figured out yet where, I suspect in Den Haag)

This is my input for now, nothing else that I can think of right now...
Have a wonderful day... Talk to y'all later!!
Old Nov 19th 2002, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Vampier is an unknown quantity at this point

Dag Petra (Patrick hier maar nu ingeschreven op BritishExpats)

Ik heb je toegevoegd op yahoo als vamp13r (als je het niet erg vindt)

-----

thanx Petra this makes me feel a whole lot better..... I'm so stressed out lately.. on the day I had to make the dokters appointment I didn't sleep the whole night.

I live close to Texas when I'm in the US so it probably won't be a problem (passport wil be valid for another 1.5 years)

I was smart enough to not get my drivers license here in Holland. Gas prices/traffic jams wasn't my problem :P I just bought a good scooter and of I went.

thanks for the tips

GreeTz

Patrick