Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Woohoo! Notice of removal of conditional basis...

Woohoo! Notice of removal of conditional basis...

Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Default Woohoo! Notice of removal of conditional basis...

Came home last night and found an official looking envelope, thought my conditions had been removed... nope, just a new bank card.

Then today, THERE IT IS! I received my "Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence", having sent off my I751 application back in March of this year. I apparently now have to wait up to 60 days for my new card.

I am so happy!!! Though hubby def needed some prompting to get some alcohol flowing!!!

FYI my case status on USCIS still says initial review, so I guess that is not too reliable of a source.

Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:05 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woohoo! Notice of removal of conditional basis...

Tidy.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
FYI my case status on USCIS still says initial review, so I guess that is not too reliable of a source.
Congratulations!

The case status updates are incredibly unreliable. My own AOS showed up as "pending" well into 2010... and I'd been a USC since 2004!

Ian
Old Dec 10th 2011, 4:55 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!!
Old Dec 10th 2011, 4:56 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husbands card came within about a week of the approval letter.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Further notes:

April 4th - USCIS received my I751 application
December 9th - Received a letter saying it had been approved
December 9th - Received email saying that it had been approved
December 12th - Received my card in the mail

Next stop...contemplating citizenship...
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:38 pm

Please not that it took WelshGirl about 8 months for her removal and my husbands took about 9. No issues. More proof that USCIS website processing times are not accurate.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Congrads to Welshgirl and Penguinbar's husband.

I am at my 7th month so perhaps too early to start worrying. But I thought I would just check the website status update (which I'm doing for the 1st time since submission). It says "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status"

What does that mean? I am typing in the correct case number.

Meanwhile, I lost my original GC while travelling several weeks ago and I was hoping I would get the 10 year one soon, so I did not attempt to renew the existing one. Is that OK, or do you think I should try to get a re-issued (expired) 2 year GC?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
It says "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status"

What does that mean? I am typing in the correct case number.
It could mean that USCIS never received your I-751, but if you've gone to biometrics and received the 1-year extension letter, then they have received it and it's being processed. "Not found online" probably just means your case got missed being input online.

Meanwhile, I lost my original GC while travelling several weeks ago and I was hoping I would get the 10 year one soon, so I did not attempt to renew the existing one. Is that OK, or do you think I should try to get a re-issued (expired) 2 year GC?
The law says one is supposed to carry one's proof of legal status in the USA at all times. Not sure if the 1-year extension letter alone suffices, or if you'd need to show your expired GC as well (if anyone should ask). I'm not even sure they'd issue a duplicate expired GC anyway.

Rene
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It could mean that USCIS never received your I-751, but if you've gone to biometrics and received the 1-year extension letter, then they have received it and it's being processed. "Not found online" probably just means your case got missed being input online.

Rene
Yep, I did get those.
I found the 1-800 number. I'll call tomorrow and inquire.
I have periods of complete ignorance and then now I'm antsy
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wow - it's so hard to reach a human being. If you're not a little creative basically you will just keep kitting automated messages.

First : Apparently you are supposed to use the receipt number from the biometrics appointment letter NOT the receipt number from the "I-751 receipt notice". I think that's odd, but whatever.

Second : After the agent "sent" a service request, she got info back telling her that the Vermont SCC is 78 days behind. They are currently working on applications dated from April 4th.

So I guess nothing for me till mid March...
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

velkyal is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine yesterday - glad it is done with.

USCIS received my I751 on May 23rd and approved on December 22nd, so 7 months.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Which service center?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

velkyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmood
Which service center?
Vermont.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

So the agent received wrong info??? She told me they are currently working on applications received April 4th. Hmmmm....

Any thoughts anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.