Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

WooHoo! London interview!

Wikiposts

WooHoo! London interview!

Old Jun 15th 2003, 12:35 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I'm looking at £656 for my one way fair on BA for the middle of july The two way is nearly £700!
Ok, now you must go to this site and look, because 656 quid is more like what it would be priced if sold from US!!! The price for a one way from Brum to Savannah in August on this site is 425 quid with tax, priced on the US expedia site same flight was 1200 bucks...... http://www.cheapflights.co.uk
Old Jun 15th 2003, 12:40 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

PS My husband has used two of the companies on this site and no problems-earned frequent flyer miles on 'em as well.
Old Jun 15th 2003, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by leebarton
I have always booked BA flights through www.britishairways.com, and have never paid more than £350 for a return flight, even when I booked a few days in advance at the end of May...

Are you looking at travel agents or the web sites directly of the companies?
That £656 price was direct through BA's website Lee. Thats the price you pay if you want to fly to the west coast and to a city(Phoenix) that has only one direct flight a day from the UK in july. I can only assume that your £350 flights were booked at other times than peak period like July and August and that you are flying into the east coast? As after a quick check, if I wanted to fly to NYC one way on the same day, its just £463 a £200 pounds difference. I flew into Phoenix last year in the middle of july on American via Chicago for £600 plus also. Its just a bad time to fly price wise.

Thanks Cindy for the link. I couldnt see any flight prices for the july period though? But even though I bitch and moan about the price, that really is the only way for me, because I want to fly direct into Phoenix which has a small international arrivals hall, with less international flights, meaning less hassle when I arrive. Where as if I fly United or American, the chances are that I will be going through O'Hare in Chicago and then having to worry about the POE and making my next flight. I can get off the flight at Sky Harbor and be at the house in 20 minutes

Last edited by Pimpbot; Jun 15th 2003 at 3:18 am.
Old Jun 15th 2003, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about

Hi All!

The price that Angelus71 was quoted is for a one way ticket on July 24th, 2003. Flying from Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK to Paris, then from Paris to JFK, New York. The travel Agent told him that right now Air France is the cheapest along with KLM. The travel agent also said that Air France allows 2 check in bags AND 2 carry on bags. Which is awesome! KLM only allows 1 check in and 1 carry on.

July 2nd(interview date) can't get here quick enough!
If all goes well then Angelus71 will be here with me in 38 days! WooHoo!!!! The waiting....the suspense....I'll go now, I'm getting all giddy like a little school girl.

Best of luck to all!

AdiaStar
Old Jun 15th 2003, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

Hi again =)

Yes I am a bit spoilt I guess hehe... I live near Gatwick/Heathrow airport, and am flying to the east cost so have a choice of a lot of airlines:- KLM, Air France, American Airlines, BA, Virgin, Delta etc etc...

The very best of luck to all who have imminent interviews, I cant wait for my interview date so I can work out a date then when I will be back with my sweetheart for ever.. am just waiting for an exchange/completion date on the house at the mo, and am going to hand the notice in at work this week, so that once the interview is done I can get out there pretty much in a few days =)

Maybe putting a lot of eggs in one basket, but I have the interview left only between me and my fiancee now and just want to get back there with her as soon as I can =)

Lee
Old Jun 15th 2003, 4:33 am
Sursum corda

Originally posted by Pimpbot
That £656 price was direct through BA's website Lee. Thats the price you pay if you want to fly to the west coast and to a city(Phoenix) that has only one direct flight a day from the UK in july. I can only assume that your £350 flights were booked at other times than peak period like July and August and that you are flying into the east coast? As after a quick check, if I wanted to fly to NYC one way on the same day, its just £463 a £200 pounds difference. I flew into Phoenix last year in the middle of july on American via Chicago for £600 plus also. Its just a bad time to fly price wise.

Thanks Cindy for the link. I couldnt see any flight prices for the july period though? But even though I bitch and moan about the price, that really is the only way for me, because I want to fly direct into Phoenix which has a small international arrivals hall, with less international flights, meaning less hassle when I arrive. Where as if I fly United or American, the chances are that I will be going through O'Hare in Chicago and then having to worry about the POE and making my next flight. I can get off the flight at Sky Harbor and be at the house in 20 minutes
You go in and put the date you want, regardless of the advertised dates. Just did Brum again this am for my husband and got 389 WITH tax, to ATL. IF you did United you could fly into Dulles and then onto PHX, without switching airlines. Dulles isn't bad, better than Ohare I think. You could perhaps fly into DFW and then onto PHX with AA. It's all a matter of priority I think, if you're willing to pay for the direct flight then you will, through the nose this time of year, . A little ingenuity and flexibility will save you money. Gosh I wish I had more clients like you, they always want the cheapest and are willing to do whatever to get it, therefore more head scratching and puzzling on my part .
Old Jun 15th 2003, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I'm fairly easy going Cindy. I am just looking for the least bit of hassle possible, even if it means paying a little extra. I could have probably worked out a deal with United also with my air miles. But this will be the most important flight of my life, and I want to get there as quick as possible lol.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice

Any other takers for July 2nd interview date at London?. No?.......

Oh well, looks like I’ll be the only one from this site at the Embassy on July 2nd.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 2:27 am
Jed

Default Re: WooHoo! London interview!

I'm on for the 2nd, my medical's at 8am... at which time I generally feel
very unhealthy..!

I've just this moment booked the bryanston court hotel. 45 quid. Much
cheapness.

Good luck, Angelus!

- Jed

"Angelus71" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Any other takers for July 2nd interview date at London?. No?.......
    > Oh well, looks like I'll be the only one from this site at the Embassy
    > on July 2nd.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 22nd 2003, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice
Default Re: WooHoo! London interview!

Originally posted by Jed
I'm on for the 2nd, my medical's at 8am... at which time I generally feel
very unhealthy..!

I've just this moment booked the bryanston court hotel. 45 quid. Much
cheapness.

Good luck, Angelus!

- Jed

"Angelus71" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Any other takers for July 2nd interview date at London?. No?.......
    > Oh well, looks like I'll be the only one from this site at the Embassy
    > on July 2nd.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Good luck to you too Jed

Looks like 2 people from here will be ( fingers crossed ) getting a K1 that day!!