Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Woohoo!! AOS interview date 12 April 2005 in Boston

Woohoo!! AOS interview date 12 April 2005 in Boston

Old Jan 28th 2005, 7:25 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woohoo!! AOS interview date 12 April 2005 in Boston

Originally Posted by whistlestop01
Thanks for that!! It made it very clear.

I wouldnt worry about the AP, my one doesnt expire till August and I am flying out in May so it will still be valid. I have no other plans to leave the country again till maybe Christmas time if that, so I am not panicking. I am just remaining hopeful I will be approved on the interview day.

Thanks for your help.
You have to surrender your AP at the AOS interview so make sure you get the stamp. Good luck!
Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:02 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
You have to surrender your AP at the AOS interview so make sure you get the stamp. Good luck!
Hiya,
This must be a difference in procedure among district offices. Our DAO in Chicago took Mr. P's EAD card, but said nothing about his AP. We came home with that (and copies of it!)

~SecretGarden
Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!!
My husband's is in March!! Yay!!! Good Luck!!!
Rukhie:-)
Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
This must be a difference in procedure among district offices. Our DAO in Chicago took Mr. P's EAD card, but said nothing about his AP. We came home with that (and copies of it!)
That was similar to my experience. At my AOS interview in Louisville, I did not get the stamp, but I was also not required to hand in either my EAD or AP. My GC arrived in the mail 6 weeks later. In fact, almost 4 years later, I still have my old EAD card and AP forms... well... not that I need them - and, of course, they are long since expired. One day, I may even hang them on my wall as some sort of twisted USCIS art exhibit!

Ian
Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:55 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
That was similar to my experience. At my AOS interview in Louisville, I did not get the stamp, but I was also not required to hand in either my EAD or AP. My GC arrived in the mail 6 weeks later. In fact, almost 4 years later, I still have my old EAD card and AP forms... well... not that I need them - and, of course, they are long since expired. One day, I may even hang them on my wall as some sort of twisted USCIS art exhibit!

Ian

Mr. P. was very sorry to see that EAD card go. The picture was a very good one. Sometimes he still mentions, morosely, that he wishes he still had that card.

A bonus: when his permanent resident card came in the mail, we noticed that they had used the same picture---NOT frontal but ADIT style, and that his face has been made into a very tiny hologram on the back of the card!

~SG
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

silanone will become famous soon enoughsilanone will become famous soon enough

Congrats Gisela,

This is wonderful news. I know that there are several Boston-area folks on this forum who applied between April and July 04 and this is certainly encouraging. Good luck getting ready for the interview!

Hi there,

For anyone in Boston waiting for their AOS interviews, i have just received a letter saying my interview is set for 12 April woohoo!!! Gotta sort out my vaccination supplement for starts by going to one of the civil surgeons.

Great news. I sure hope there isn't too much of a wait for others waiting in line.

Good Luck

Gisela
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:44 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

~SecretGarden
It's always completely different it seems. I didn't need my vaccination supplement either, and wasn't even sworn in.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Are you saying there is no need to go to a civil surgeon and get a vaccination supplement sorted??

I do have a question if i do go to one.............do i need to bring any forms for the surgeon to fill in or does the doctor have the forms?

I sure hope they don't take my AP if i don't get approved that day i have to be able to leave the country in May.

I just called Dr Singh in Hanover but they were useless. I mentioned 3 times I had my vaccinations already done but just wanted the supplement and she kept saying you can come in today for your vaccinations. grrrrr

I might try and see KarenD's recommended doctor in Rhode Island

Thanks for all your kind words everyone. I will let you know my experience when I can.

Gisela
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:03 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In fact, almost 4 years later, I still have my old EAD card and AP forms... well... not that I need them - and, of course, they are long since expired. One day, I may even hang them on my wall as some sort of twisted USCIS art exhibit!
Hmmm, now there's a thought!! It could sort of double work as a protest piece to the system (or lack of). Hehe.

Are you saying there is no need to go to a civil surgeon and get a vaccination supplement sorted??
There may not be. But wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry?

I just called Dr Singh in Hanover but they were useless. I mentioned 3 times I had my vaccinations already done but just wanted the supplement and she kept saying you can come in today for your vaccinations. grrrrr

I might try and see KarenD's recommended doctor in Rhode Island
Why do these civil surgeons have such a hard time only doing vaccination supplements? It seems like I haven't heard a single person mention a flawless process. Everyone seems to have trouble with this!! I called some civil surgeons in my area a while back and I remember everyone saying the same thing. Maybe I need to start a new topic and ask any Atlantan's if they can recommend one that will do it.
I may be wrong, but I think Karen said that she only paid $15 for hers! Again, that could be false memory, but if it's true then it seems cheap enough.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:08 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shit, I completely forgot to say: congrats for getting an interview date!!!
Old Jan 28th 2005, 7:29 pm
K1 via London

I have a bit of an OT question:

I keep forgetting...is it 2 years from wedding anniversary or 2 years from AOS application that you don't require the conditional status anymore? Wedding anniversary, right?
Old Jan 28th 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Steffi
I have a bit of an OT question:

I keep forgetting...is it 2 years from wedding anniversary or 2 years from AOS application that you don't require the conditional status anymore? Wedding anniversary, right?
I was told 2 years from when you are approved at the AOS interview (you apply to have the conditions removed 2 years less 90 days). I could be wrong in this.

And Thanks Steffi
Old Jan 28th 2005, 8:55 pm
The Missus

Why do these civil surgeons have such a hard time only doing vaccination supplements?
Because they make more money off you by doing a complete medical.

Gisela, does your interview appt. letter list a set of items that you MUST or SHOULD bring? Somewhere on there you will probably find the supplement listed. I would also think that since your medical status has changed since the medical---meaning you have added one more shot to your list---that you should get this recorded. I'd get it done and bring it, but then again, I always err on the side of caution.

Steffi: having been through the AOS interview recently, the two year thing goes this way: if you have your interview before your second anniversary, and you are approved, you will be granted conditional PR status. 90 days prior to the two year anniversary of being granted that status, you file the I-751 to remove conditions.

In a nutshell.

~SecretGarden
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:11 pm
K1 via London

Steffi: having been through the AOS interview recently, the two year thing goes this way: if you have your interview before your second anniversary, and you are approved, you will be granted conditional PR status. 90 days prior to the two year anniversary of being granted that status, you file the I-751 to remove conditions.
What if you never had an interview within 2 years though?
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:14 pm
The Missus

What if you never had an interview within 2 years though?
Then, if you are approved, you go right to Permanent Resident, with a ten year card. So, pros and cons to waiting for that interview, huh?

~SG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.