Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Withdrawing K1 petition

Wikiposts

Withdrawing K1 petition

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice
Default Withdrawing K1 petition

Hi everyone,

We are withdrawing the K1 petition - for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the time involved (TSC), secondly, we would like both sets of parents present, and mine cannot travel due to health reasons.

So we're getting married in May or June!!!!!!!! I am starting to organise it now!!!!

Secretly I believe that JB changed his mind so that he can get Morris Dancers!

The K3 route may get me with him by October - I'm ever hopeful!

One Very Happy Kath (an even happier Kath later this year! )

Last edited by anyone4tea; Jan 22nd 2004 at 4:33 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice
Default Re: Withdrawing K1 petition

OK - one part of me is happy - the other part of me is frustrated that the K1 process takes so long for some of us.

I'm still going to be several months away from him after we're married, but at the rate we were going with TSC, we wouldn't have married until January 2005 - and I'm not kidding.

Kath
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anyone4tea
Hi everyone,

We are withdrawing the K1 petition - for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the time involved (TSC), secondly, we would like both sets of parents present, and mine cannot travel due to health reasons.

So we're getting married in May or June!!!!!!!! I am starting to organise it now!!!!

What in the world are Morris Dancers?? Hope your decision works out for you both! We debated back and forth so many times it's ridiculous. But we decided to stick out the K1 obviously.

don't forget, service centers are apt to speed up and slow down at will. you guys would more than likely be together before 2005. It's taken us about 5 months so far. by the time he gets here, it'll be about 7.

Jamie
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:50 am
Andy Platt

"sunflwrgrl13" <member16206@british_expats.com> wrote:

> What in the world are Morris Dancers?? Hope your decision
    > works out for you both! We debated back and forth so many times it's
    > ridiculous. But we decided to stick out the K1 obviously.

A quick internet search showed hundreds of possible sites, I picked this
more or less at random but it doesn't convey the real horror!:

http://www.npac.syr.edu/homepages/nj...orrisinfo.html

Andy.

--
I'm not really here, it's just your warped imagination

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:52 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Hey there Kath!!
So when are you gonna withdraw the petition?, If you need help with the K3 process come and ask, we are here to help.
Pm me If you need anything
Take care and keep us updated!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Jan 22nd 2004 at 4:54 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:59 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
What in the world are Morris Dancers??
Jamie
Hehehehe!!! Morris Dancers are the blokes who wear bells on their legs and dance.

Kate. xxx
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hehehehe!!! Morris Dancers are the blokes who wear bells on their legs and dance.

Kate. xxx
You're right! In a village close to where I live, they regularly have shows in the summer. Everyone finds them highly amusing... the dancers take themselves so SERIOUSLY!!

"And a Hey Nonny Nonny!"

Kath

xxx
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

You're right! In a village close to where I live, they regularly have shows in the summer. Everyone finds them highly amusing... the dancers take themselves so SERIOUSLY!!

"And a Hey Nonny Nonny!"

Kath

xxx
I may just have to get over there again and try to see some of those shows! They sound like fantastic entertainment!

Jamie
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:15 am
Danny Davis

Howdy Kath,

What did your research show? I guess withdrawing the K1 in your case makes
sense, given the plans for the wedding. I am sure your parents will be happy
about the decision. I was just wondering what happened to DCF vs. K3?

I wish you well.
Dan Davis

"anyone4tea" <member17549@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    > We are withdrawing the K1 petition - for a couple of reasons. Firstly,
    > the time involved (TSC), secondly, we would like both sets of parents
    > present, and mine cannot travel due to health reasons.
    > So we're getting married in May or June!!!!!!!! I am starting to
    > organise it now!!!!
    > Secretly I believe that JB changed his mind so that he can get Morris
    > Dancers!
    > The K3 route may get me with him by October - I'm ever hopeful!
    > One Very Happy Kath (an even happier Kath later this year! )
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:11 am

"And a Hey Nonny Nonny!"

Kath

xxx
I've always found them to be very amusing too. I remember watching them wave their hankies and bat their sticks together when I was very small, and I was sooooooooo mesmerized!!! I couldn't figure out what they were doing! Bless 'em!! I imagine people thought the same about me, though. I used to enter Irish Dancing (Riverdance, for those best familiar with that term...) competitions, and bet kids wondered why I was flailing my legs in the air, but keeping my arms rigid at my sides!!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Danny Davis
Howdy Kath,

What did your research show? I guess withdrawing the K1 in your case makes
sense, given the plans for the wedding. I am sure your parents will be happy
about the decision. I was just wondering what happened to DCF vs. K3?

I wish you well.
Dan Davis
Hi Danny,

Well, my research showed that DCF was theorically possible but I needed verification. I called the US Embassy in London for final clarification. Unfortunately they told me that due to the timescales that he would be in England (matter of days) that under no circumstances would the consulate accept the I-130 petition via DCF, and we would simply have to file in the States to get a K3. The lady I spoke to also contacted her supervisor - and the same story came back. Even under exceptional circumstances.

So... we're biting the bullet and doing the K3 through the MSC.

Yes, my parents are over the Moon; my father gets to walk me down the aisle, and to be honest, I don't think I'd have felt properly married unless he had.

Talk to you later!

Kath
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I've always found them to be very amusing too. I remember watching them wave their hankies and bat their sticks together when I was very small, and I was sooooooooo mesmerized!!! I couldn't figure out what they were doing! Bless 'em!! I imagine people thought the same about me, though. I used to enter Irish Dancing (Riverdance, for those best familiar with that term...) competitions, and bet kids wondered why I was flailing my legs in the air, but keeping my arms rigid at my sides!!!!

Kate. xxxxx
There is one dance where the "ringleader" (or whatever they call him) wears a huge piece of cheese on his head.

No, I have no idea why.

I could never be a Morris dancer - I would die laughing before I did my first "jingles"
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey there Kath!!
So when are you gonna withdraw the petition?, If you need help with the K3 process come and ask, we are here to help.
Pm me If you need anything
Take care and keep us updated!!
Hi Hyper,

I don't know when we're going to withdraw it, but it will be within the next week. That will be a difficult day.

Thanks for your help with K3 so far - I know I'm going to need it in the future when I'm blaspheming at the USCIS!!

Kath
xxx
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:05 am

There is one dance where the "ringleader" (or whatever they call him) wears a huge piece of cheese on his head.

No, I have no idea why.

I could never be a Morris dancer - I would die laughing before I did my first "jingles"

!!!!!!!!! OMG! I didn't know that!!!!!!!! Hehehehehehehe!!!!!

Kate. xxxx