Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

will you be spending x-mas with your fiance/spouse or no?

Wikiposts

will you be spending x-mas with your fiance/spouse or no?

Old Dec 7th 2003, 3:28 am
elviswasmydad

Default will you be spending x-mas with your fiance/spouse or no?

Will you be spending this x-mas with your fiance/spouse or no?

I dont get to be with my future wife, but I am still very grateful for having met her, and I think about the days ahead when she will be here.

Old Dec 7th 2003, 4:49 am
Nmrk217

Default Re: will you be spending x-mas with your fiance/spouse or no?

I know what you mean. We are waiting for my approval to fly over to America.
What is a pain is that i cant go back till the processing is all finished.

Good Luck.......how far are you on your visa process?

Old Dec 7th 2003, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

JanFree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by elviswasmydad

I dont get to be with my future wife, but I am still very grateful for having met her, and I think about the days ahead when she will be here.
This will be the last Christmas my husband and I spend apart, God willing. As with anyone who is separated during the holidays it hurts terribly. This is not the first one for us which doesn't help.
However.....this year we are counting our blessings...we are not in a war zone, we don't have sons, daughters, husband or wife who will be in a foreign land with no family...we can still be with friends or other family members...the list goes on.

So this year we have decided that we won't cry too much, moan and groan of how rough it is to spend another holiday apart...even though I've been so emotional and shed buckets of tears. We'll make it and we will have all the rest of our holidays together to make up for another one apart. Many folks won't.

One thing I am grateful for is learning to have patience...I had a problem with this in the past. Now I have been forced to be patient...what a lesson...ekkkk! But I feel this experience has taught me many things about myself and I am grateful.

Sending our support and prayers to our troops and their families and wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday and good news very soon!

Jane
Old Dec 7th 2003, 5:40 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Unless some bizarre miracle happens, no, we wont' be together for Christmas. Or New Year's.

But we were together for Thanksgiving. A USC in the UK for Thanksgiving. Gotta love irony.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 6:31 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Good lord, could you make your posts stand out any more Elvis

Sandy (USC better half) flies into London Next Sunday and will be here for a couple of weeks, thank god. So I get to spend the holidays with my cute yank girlie

All you people that will spending the holidays without your nearest and dearest, hopefully this will be the last time and by the next major holiday you will be reunited
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

elviswasmydad -

God, I HOPE so. I haven't given up hope, but each day that passes without a visa reduces the REALISTIC chances of spending the holidays together. Only time will tell, I am ready to swing a plan into action, should we hear anything positive in the next couple of weeks.

I wish you good fortune.

Richard III

Old Dec 7th 2003, 8:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, my fiance and I won't be spending the holidays together. If I had done things a little differently, I believe it could have been a possibility. I waited too long for P3 materials to arrive - I could have had them ready long ago. We waited too long to try for the police certificate and medical....etc.

However, our spirits are joined as one year-round, so we know that this is just another month apart, and hopefully we'll be seeing each other in January for his interview, Inshallah.

Happy Holiday season to all the couples together and apart this holiday season :-)

Rene
Old Dec 7th 2003, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance has her K1 interview next week on december 18th. i hope it is approved because then we will be together for Christmas. I have the plane tickets already booked but just in case, the dates can be changed for a fee. This intervew at the consulate is the 2nd one. The first time i needed a co-sponsor and now i have not just 1, but 3. Surely between the 3 of them, we will be approved. The reason i have the 2 back ups, is that 2 of them are self employed. They ALL make enough income but have heard they are harder on self employed people to prove income. Does anyone know if this is true? Any advice will be appreciated
Old Dec 7th 2003, 8:41 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

We've known each other nearly 6 years and we've never spent Christmas together! Russ and I will be apart but he will be arriving in London on 2 Jan for a two month stay. He will hopefully accompany me to my interview at the embassy too.

Last edited by Russ&Jayne; Dec 7th 2003 at 8:50 am.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we could.
But my wife will be arriving here on December 31st, for a 12 day visit. Atleast we'll be together for the New Year's.....

Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:16 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

No, we won't be together this year either
Steven got a job waaaaaay up north for a 6 week stint. Even if he could be here, he wouldn't be back in time. Poor guy won't even see his parents or friends for the holidays. *sniff sniff*

We were together last Xmas & NewYears which was wonderful.
Here's hoping this is the last holiday we will spend apart!
Best wishes and Happy Holidays to everyone here and Think Positive!
Hugs, Clare
Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:17 am
Letysjim

yes i will leave to go to Mexico in 12 days and come back on dec 31 still
waiting for packet 3

"elviswasmydad" <member17346@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Will you be spending this x-mas with your
    > fiance/spouse or no?
    > I dont get to be with my future wife, but I am still very grateful for
    > having met her, and I think about the days ahead when she will be here.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:32 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

This will be my first Christmas together with Bruce; last year really sucked as we were apart and both really miserable.

I promised him that he would never have another holiday on his own and, together, we've pulled it off.

To those who are apart for this holiday, here's hoping that you're soon together, never to miss out again.

To those who are already together, make the most of those special moments and enjoy every last minute of your days to the full. You've waited so long for them.

Here's to you all!: Cheers

Tam
Old Dec 8th 2003, 12:42 am
Kath

Yes, I am!

I am flying over to the US on the 2th, and not returning until the
7th. What joy!! I get to see him for Christmas, his birthday, and
spend more time with his parents!!

Kath

Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

ire blues will become famous soon enoughire blues will become famous soon enough

This will be this first New Years in three years that we will be together and not dealing with phone calls at midnight!!

I know how difficult it is for those people who will be apart during the holidays. Blessings to all for the New Year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.