Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Will it be possible to get visit/touristic visa?

Wikiposts

Will it be possible to get visit/touristic visa?

Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:08 pm
Banned

Egyptien51182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will it be possible to get visit/touristic visa?

Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate if you could assist me in this case.
I am married to an American citizen, I have an immigration case pending till submitting some documents and we are not in USA.

My wife is expecting to deliver our child in a couple of month and she is planned to deliver it in USA so would it be possible for me to apply and get visit/touristic visa to be with my wife during this period knowing that my case is pending? would they accept that reason cause I want be with her & I can leave her alone.

Thanks
Ahmed
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:28 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will it be possible to get visit/touristic visa?

Originally Posted by Egyptien51182
Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate if you could assist me in this case.
I am married to an American citizen, I have an immigration case pending till submitting some documents and we are not in USA.

My wife is expecting to deliver our child in a couple of month and she is planned to deliver it in USA so would it be possible for me to apply and get visit/touristic visa to be with my wife during this period knowing that my case is pending? would they accept that reason cause I want be with her & I can leave her alone.

Thanks
Ahmed
Only one way to find out ....apply ...
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

HIGHLY doubtful, especially for an Egyptian male, who is married to a USC, who is also expecting a child. They will automatically assume you will go ahead and stay in the USA and adjust status over there.

What strong ties do you have to Egypt that you can present to show that you MUST return to Egypt on a certain date? They will not accept your current visa processing as proof.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:36 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you're scrupulously honest with your application, a rejection won't cause any comeback with your immigrant visa. SO why not spend the $100 or so and find out. As Rene says, you have to come up with some very good ties to your homeland.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
As long as you're scrupulously honest with your application, a rejection won't cause any comeback with your immigrant visa. SO why not spend the $100 or so and find out. As Rene says, you have to come up with some very good ties to your homeland.
How are you going to pay for all this, when you do not seem to have enough to sponsor your Immigration application?

Medical expenses in the US are massive.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:39 pm
Banned

Thanks for you replies.
Regarding the ties, I am working in a big multinational company in Egypt, I am stable and I have a good salary comparing to the Egyptian market in plus my bank accounts shows that I shows that I am stable in Egypt.

In addition I have a good history in traveling before, I visited USA in 2005 without breaking the I-94, I went to France twice and other countries in Europe & Middle East, so I am not a kind of person who break the law.

My wife can travel anytime without a problem and I just need to travel with her to be beside her during this critical period. knowing that I won't lose my position and job in the multinational company for just staying in the US without a permit of work, also we CAN'T apply for green card from there since she was not living in the past 6 month in US.

It's about convincing the officer during the interview, being honest, confident & spending the $100.

Sometimes the medical expenses in Egypt are the same or expensive then the US.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Thanks for you replies.
Regarding the ties, I am working in a big multinational company in Egypt, I am stable and I have a good salary comparing to the Egyptian market in plus my bank accounts shows that I shows that I am stable in Egypt.

In addition I have a good history in traveling before, I visited USA in 2005 without breaking the I-94, I went to France twice and other countries in Europe & Middle East, so I am not a kind of person who break the law.

My wife can travel anytime without a problem and I just need to travel with her to be beside her during this critical period. knowing that I won't lose my position and job in the multinational company for just staying in the US without a permit of work, also we CAN'T apply for green card from there since she was not living in the past 6 month in US.

It's about convincing the officer during the interview, being honest, confident & spending the $100.

I think you need to examine more carefully the costs, this whole issue will then be academic.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for you replies.

If you feel you have a strong case for a US visitor's visa, go ahead and apply. Bring all the proof you just mentioned, bring a letter from your employer stating when you are due back at work, bring proof of your previous travel, and proof of your funds.

A few points I should note for you, though:

1. Be aware that even if you get issued the tourist visa, you still may be turned away at the US point of entry. The visa just gives you the right to travel to the USA and try to get permission to enter. If the POE office feels that you are a risk for staying in the USA (because you are there with your pregnant USC wife), he has the right to turn you away at the POE.

2. Your USC wife does not have to live in the USA 6 months in order for you to adjust status in the USA. That rule only applies to USCs who live in a foreign country and want to use THAT embassy for DCF.

3. Does your wife have any kind of US insurance plan?

Rene
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:53 am
Account Closed

OP said wife's only connection with US was that she was born there.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Boiler
OP said wife's only connection with US was that she was born there.
You're right. Doesn't look like it's going to be an inexpensive birth.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:28 am
Banned

My wife doesn't have any kind of insurance there.
I know It won't be inexpensive but it's better then facing another problem in the IV for the child and searching for sponsor for 2 persons.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:43 am
Account Closed

My wife doesn't have any kind of insurance there.
I know It won't be inexpensive but it's better then facing another problem in the IV for the child and searching for sponsor for 2 persons.
The child should be a USC.

IV?

Makes no difference to sponsorship.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:48 am
Banned

If the child is born in US he will be USC however if he is born in Egypt his mother should apply for IV for him and then a sponsor will be required to process his IV .
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:58 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

If the child is born in US he will be USC however if he is born in Egypt his mother should apply for IV for him and then a sponsor will be required to process his IV .
It's going to cost you more to pay for her delivery (+ travel costs and accommodation!) than the extra required in assets for sponsorship.

Not to mention the risks - what if the delivery turns out to be complicated or the child requires special care...
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:33 pm

Why wouldn't the child be a USC automatically by virtue of the mother being a USC? Does it have to do with the fact that the mother left the USA so long ago?

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.