Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Will Packet 3 be mailed to me (USC)?

Wikiposts

Will Packet 3 be mailed to me (USC)?

Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Will Packet 3 be mailed to me (USC)?

Applying for a K3 visa...

Does anyone know: Will Packet 3 be mailed to me (the USC) or to my husband in Ireland? For some reason, I thought it would be mailed to him, and that when he receives it, he must return the checklist to the US Embassy in Ireland.

But now I've read a few posts that make it sound like I'll get Packet 3, and then mail it and the affadavit of support to my husband...
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Packet 3 be mailed to me (USC)?

Originally posted by Buendia

Does anyone know: Will Packet 3 be mailed to me (the USC) or to my husband in Ireland? For some reason, I thought it would be mailed to him, and that when he receives it, he must return the checklist to the US Embassy in Ireland.

But now I've read a few posts that make it sound like I'll get Packet 3, and then mail it and the affadavit of support to my husband...
They will mail it to your husband.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Buendia

I think it depends on the consulate. I'm not sure about Ireland. For Iranians, the Packet 3's get mailed to the USC simply because the Ankara, Turkey embassy won't mail anything out to Iran. But I don't see why your husband shouldn't get Packet 3 himself. You can always email the consulate and ask them for sure.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl

I agree, my Irishman received the packet 3. They are very fast about setting up interview times once they receive the packet. It's nice to know that have a good turn around!

MarDae
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:17 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
As Dutch said!

If the packet is the same as I had as a K1-er, then there will be an I-134 form in there but you should have already had one of these, which should be completed and sent, with all relevant paperwork, to your S/O in order for him to take it to the Embassy on the day of his interview.

Things will move really fast once he sends his forms to the Embassy, I'm sure!

Good luck and best wishes

Tam
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, everyone, for the info and best wishes!!!

Because I'm here in Ireland right now, it's good to hear that I don't have to have someone get the US mail and send Packet 3 over here... Phew!!!

By the way, it's cold, and (at only 4 pm!) dark dark dark in Dublin. We both want to get back to Santa Fe!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

By the way, it's cold, and (at only 4 pm!) dark dark dark in Dublin. We both want to get back to Santa Fe! [/QUOTE]

And people keep asking me why I don't want to move to Ireland. I love my fiance, and I love to visit his homeland, but I just couldn't deal with all of the rain. I tried it out for 5 months once and that was plenty!

Sorry a little OT.
MarDae
Old Dec 15th 2003, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

ire blues will become famous soon enoughire blues will become famous soon enough

Thanks, everyone, for the info and best wishes!!!

Because I'm here in Ireland right now, it's good to hear that I don't have to have someone get the US mail and send Packet 3 over here... Phew!!!

By the way, it's cold, and (at only 4 pm!) dark dark dark in Dublin. We both want to get back to Santa Fe!

I would not mind trading places with you!!! I will be there in 11 days. I am ready to put on my wellies and take a walk on the beach. The getting dark early part does take some getting used to but then again...isn't it nice to get in bed early with your partner?? lol
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:13 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

You have all the necessary supporting documents though, right? Like I-134, etc?
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

cmstrick is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm not positive about the consulate in ireland, but i did receive P3 at my home in the US....my fiance still hasn't received P3 in mexico...the consulate did tell me they were sending us the same thing, but it could be different for different consulates...

and i'm not sure about the mail system in ireland (i'm sure it's better than mexico) but i'd suggest using fed ex or something of that sort when sending doc's to him...esp if it's time sensitive or you all are in a rush...

i do not know if the USPS has tracking devices for overseas

you can always print the I-134 or I-864 from www.uscis.gov and fed ex it to him in advance...
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Steffi
You have all the necessary supporting documents though, right? Like I-134, etc?
I have everything here... my tax returns, etc. I spoke with my bank and they say they do letters for this sort of thing all the time, my brokerage company will do the same. We also have everything else here, too - emails, photos and stuff... Anything we don't have can be sent from the US by my parents (who are being really great about helping! - even filling out co-sponsor stuff just in case the consulate doesn't like that I'm on a leave from work)

And I am very grateful that I can be here with him! We thought it was a good idea for me to have a real-life experience of Dublin (his place, though he was thinking of moving somewhere smaller - like Galway - before we met) since we'd be living in Santa Fe (my place). It's been wonderful, and educational!