Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

will INS take my passport away when I go for N400 interview?

will INS take my passport away when I go for N400 interview?

Old Aug 20th 2002, 4:14 am
Chong

Default will INS take my passport away when I go for N400 interview?

I have a valid Malaysia passport.

When I go for my N400 interview, it ask to bring my passport/or any documents you
used in connnection with any entries into the United States.

1. Will INS take my Malaysia passport away if I bring it?

2. If I dont bring my passport, what other documents do I have to support my entries
into the United States?

Old Aug 20th 2002, 4:28 am
Joachim Feise

Default Re: will INS take my passport away when I go for N400 interview?

chong wrote:
    > I have a valid Malaysia passport.
    > When I go for my N400 interview, it ask to bring my passport/or any documents you
    > used in connnection with any entries into the United States.
    > 1. Will INS take my Malaysia passport away if I bring it?

No. They have no right to do so.

Old Aug 20th 2002, 5:31 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chong:
I have a valid Malaysia passport.

When I go for my N400 interview, it ask to bring my passport/or any documents you
used in connnection with any entries into the United States.

1. Will INS take my Malaysia passport away if I bring it?

2. If I dont bring my passport, what other documents do I have to support my entries
into the United States?
If you don't comply with the request then INS does not have to allow you to complete the interview.

The passport is required for identification purposes and using deductive reasoning, your documentation re entries will serve as proof that you file the timeline qualifications for naturalization.

Rete
Old Aug 20th 2002, 7:42 am
Jennifer

Hi Chong,

I am Malaysian too, and I wouldn't really care if they take away my Malaysian
passport! I have had such a hard time with the Malaysian embassy recently and as
soon as I get my US Citizenship, I am going to renounce my Malaysian citizenship
since Malaysia doesn't allow dual citizen anyways.

When is your interview? Mine is in Sept.

Jennifer

"chong" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > When I go for my N400 interview, it ask to bring my passport/or any documents you
    > 2. If I dont bring my passport, what other documents do I have to support my
    > entries into the United States?

Old Aug 20th 2002, 11:11 am
James Donovan

chong <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>. ..

No, they will only take your green card.

I believe you need your passport, unless you have a damn good reason for not
having it.

Old Aug 21st 2002, 6:57 am
Riri

"chong" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No. They can not as it is not considered "property" of the US.

It is required and you have to bring it to the interview. At my interview the Officer
just checked for ID. She wanted to see my driver's license to. R

Old Aug 24th 2002, 7:54 am
Brian Damage

Years ago I went to my friend's Malaysian passport burning party. He got his US
citizenship and invited his buddies for a passport stomping and burning session.

"Jennifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Chong,
    > I am Malaysian too, and I wouldn't really care if they take away my Malaysian
    > passport! I have had such a hard time with the Malaysian embassy recently and as
    > soon as I get my US Citizenship, I am going to renounce my Malaysian citizenship
    > since Malaysia doesn't allow dual citizen anyways.
    > When is your interview? Mine is in Sept.
    > Jennifer
    > "chong" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I have a valid Malaysia passport.
    > >
    > > When I go for my N400 interview, it ask to bring my passport/or any documents you
    > > used in connnection with any entries into the United States.
    > >
    > > 1. Will INS take my Malaysia passport away if I bring it?
    > >
    > > 2. If I dont bring my passport, what other documents do I have to support my
    > > entries into the United States?
    > >
    > >

Old Aug 24th 2002, 9:21 am
Aftonokla

>Years ago I went to my friend's Malaysian passport burning party. He got his US
    >citizenship and invited his buddies for a passport stomping and burning session.

Years ago there was a hijacking of a plane overseas. The hijackers demanded everybody
hand over their passports and God help those who had US or Israeli passports (they
killed a US serviceman). So the advice is, if you plan to travel, carry that old
passport. It might save your life.

Old Aug 25th 2002, 5:34 am
Brian Damage

Due to institutionalized racism in Malaysia, it's very difficult for an ethnic
Chinese Malaysian to maintain dual citizenships when the constant harassment by
government officials is the norm. I think my friend did the right thing. He'll
sooner strike the lottery than being caught in the terrorist incident you mentioned.

[email protected] (AftonOkla) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > >Years ago I went to my friend's Malaysian passport burning party. He got his US
    > >citizenship and invited his buddies for a passport stomping and burning session.
    > Years ago there was a hijacking of a plane overseas. The hijackers demanded
    > everybody hand over their passports and God help those who had US or Israeli
    > passports (they killed a US serviceman). So the advice is, if you plan to travel,
    > carry that old passport. It might save your life.

Old Aug 25th 2002, 7:47 am
Chong

Racism in Malaysia is not as bad as like in Indonesia.

There is racism everywhere, not to mention USA.

On 25 Aug 2002 10:34:06 -0700, [email protected] (Brian Damage) wrote:

>Due to institutionalized racism in Malaysia, it's very difficult for an ethnic
    >Chinese Malaysian to maintain dual citizenships when the constant harassment by
    >government officials is the norm. I think my friend did the right thing. He'll
    >sooner strike the lottery than being caught in the terrorist incident you mentioned.
    >[email protected] (AftonOkla) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> >Years ago I went to my friend's Malaysian passport burning party. He got his US
    >> >citizenship and invited his buddies for a passport stomping and burning session.
    >> Years ago there was a hijacking of a plane overseas. The hijackers demanded
    >> everybody hand over their passports and God help those who had US or Israeli
    >> passports (they killed a US serviceman). So the advice is, if you plan to travel,
    >> carry that old passport. It might save your life.

Old Aug 27th 2002, 5:13 am
Amer20034

Default Cowardly foreigners

[email protected] (AftonOkla) wrote:

>Years ago there was a hijacking of a plane overseas. The hijackers demanded
    >everybody hand over their passports and God help those who had US or Israeli
    >passports (they killed a US serviceman). So the advice is, if you plan to travel,
    >carry that old passport. It might save your life.

Carrying passports from different countries can cause problems at the port of entry
of certain countries.

And I (like a lot of American-born citizens) will never disassociate myself from my
HOMEland (the U.S.A) like you cowardly foreigners will by hiding foreign documents in
your underwear to avoid persecution.

If a terrorist wants to harm me because I carry an American passport, I intend to
show him what an American passport is made of, and why it is far superior to anything
he can get from his pathetic third world country. I will make him worship the
American passport and everything it stands for. And if I fail in my task, there are
other real American-born citizens who will continue where I left off, because you
cowardly foreigners pretending to be Americans won't stand up for this country.

It is a well known fact that you guys are here for nothing more than a more
comfortable ride at the expense of real Americans.

Old Aug 27th 2002, 5:16 am
Amer20034

[email protected] (Brian Damage) wrote:

>Years ago I went to my friend's Malaysian passport burning party. He got his US
    >citizenship and invited his buddies for a passport stomping and burning session.

This should be televised to an American audience.

Old Aug 27th 2002, 6:53 am
Dude012

Default Re: Cowardly foreigners

Amer20034 wrote:

> [email protected] (AftonOkla) wrote:
    >>Years ago there was a hijacking of a plane overseas. The hijackers demanded
    >>everybody hand over their passports and God help those who had US or Israeli
    >>passports (they killed a US serviceman). So the advice is, if you plan to travel,
    >>carry that old passport. It might save your life.
    > Carrying passports from different countries can cause problems at the port of entry
    > of certain countries.
    > And I (like a lot of American-born citizens) will never disassociate myself from my
    > HOMEland (the U.S.A) like you cowardly foreigners will by hiding foreign documents
    > in your underwear to avoid persecution.
    > If a terrorist wants to harm me because I carry an American passport, I intend to
    > show him what an American passport is made of, and why it is far superior to
    > anything he can get from his pathetic third world country. I will make him worship
    > the American passport and everything it stands for. And if I fail in my task, there
    > are other real American-born citizens who will continue where I left off, because
    > you cowardly foreigners pretending to be Americans won't stand up for this country.
    > It is a well known fact that you guys are here for nothing more than a more
    > comfortable ride at the expense of real Americans.

Dude, look at it positively, he/she is exactly doing what you are preaching, save
your own life, don't associate yourself from any of the countries you are coming
from (you are so 80's when you assume you can only be from one country) and be a
productive citizen by consuming stuff and spend your money. A funeral isn't really
added value. Now saving yourself at the cost of others is also what we as Americans
are doing, we just (almost) always win and that is good don't get me wrong because
we are here.

Old Aug 27th 2002, 1:40 pm
Support Immigration

"Amer20034" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (AftonOkla) wrote:
    > >Years ago there was a hijacking of a plane overseas. The hijackers
demanded
    > >everybody hand over their passports and God help those who had US or
Israeli
    > >passports (they killed a US serviceman). So the advice is, if you plan to travel,
    > >carry that old passport. It might save your life.
    > Carrying passports from different countries can cause problems at the port
of
    > entry of certain countries.
    > And I (like a lot of American-born citizens) will never disassociate
myself
    > from my HOMEland (the U.S.A) like you cowardly foreigners will by hiding foreign
    > documents in your underwear to avoid persecution.
    > If a terrorist wants to harm me because I carry an American passport, I
intend
    > to show him what an American passport is made of, and why it is far superior to
    > anything he can get from his pathetic third world country. I will make him worship
    > the American passport and everything it stands
for.
    > And if I fail in my task, there are other real American-born citizens who will
    > continue where I left off, because you cowardly foreigners pretending to be
    > Americans won't stand up for this country.
    > It is a well known fact that you guys are here for nothing more than a
more
    > comfortable ride at the expense of real Americans.
You really are a piece of work, Amer20034! Now all foreigners are cowards that hide
their documents in their underwear to avoid prosecution? And you looser will show the
terrorists what you are made of? Right. You are a piece of human dirt. You are one of
the known racists of the news groups. Your kind will run if the first sign of real
danger comes up and you will hide and call your mom for help. We immigrants come here
to make a living and pay taxes and even join the army so that trash talkers like YOU
get a ride at OUR expense. Do you think you are something better than all of the
other humans in this world, just because YOU are born in the US? I know of statistics
that prove that immigrants work harder and are more likely to succeed with their
enterprises. This tells me that immigrants are in general NOT more likely to cause
problems in America; quite the opposite is true, they are more likely to contribute
than native born people like you moron.

Old Aug 28th 2002, 8:09 am
Amer20034

"Support Immigration" [email protected] wrote:

>Your kind will run if the first sign of real danger comes up and you will hide and
    >call your mom for help.

If we did, you would be speaking Japanese or German today

>We immigrants come here to make a living and pay taxes and even join the army so
    >that trash talkers like YOU get a ride at OUR expense.

Maybe you just didn't qualify for any visa that required intelligence.

>Do you think you are something better than all of the other humans in this world,
    >just because YOU are born in the US?

The fact that you are in my HOMEland proves that fact.

>I know of statistics that prove that immigrants work harder and are more likely to
    >succeed with their enterprises.

Your neigbor's kids work harder than yours, so why don't you displace your kids and
let your neighbor's kids move into your home?

Immigrants here should demand form their HOMEland government to do something to make
their quality of life in their HOMEland better. The U.S. is not the world's largest
land mass. We can't accomodate everyone who wants to be here. We will become like
Mexico City or Sao Paulo if we tried. Then even you will realize I was right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.