Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Will I-94 be re-issued for K3???

Wikiposts

Will I-94 be re-issued for K3???

Old Aug 13th 2002, 11:23 am
Me

Default Will I-94 be re-issued for K3???

I am in the US on a K3 visa and planning to return to Canada in a few weeks to visit
family. I am wondering if anyone can tell me what happens with the I-94 that I
received when I entered the US (when first activated K3)? It says that it expires Jun
12, 2004(so does the stamp on my passport page) but it also states that I am to
surrender it when I leave the US. If I surrender it when I leave the US how will I
re-enter? What do I tell the officers at immigration when I am entering Canada and
then when I return to the US? Has anyone been through this, that can give me any
advise? Will I be able to return even though it states that I can go back and forth?
Sorry if these are silly questions but everything with immigration makes me nervous.
They tell you to do one thing and then when you go to do it your told to do it
another way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Mel

Old Aug 13th 2002, 4:32 pm
Wendy Owen

Default Re: Will I-94 be re-issued for K3???

You should have received a multiple entry stamp on your I-94 card. Since you have a
K-3 visa, you are allowed to leave US and go to Canada freely, without advance
parole. If you didn't get the multiple entry stamp, you may want to try to get one
before going back to Canada.

My husband noticed the same statement on his card, and asked the immigration officer
about it when we first got his I-94 card. The immigration officer was the one who
explained all this to us. When my husband and I went back into Canada, the Canadian
immigration officer didn't even ask to see his passport, however...we cross very
often and they know us on sight.

Hope this helps.

Wendy Owen

On 13 Aug 2002 16:23:24 -0700, [email protected] (Me) wrote:

>I am in the US on a K3 visa and planning to return to Canada in a few weeks to visit
    >family. I am wondering if anyone can tell me what happens with the I-94 that I
    >received when I entered the US (when first activated K3)? It says that it expires
    >Jun 12, 2004(so does the stamp on my passport page) but it also states that I am to
    >surrender it when I leave the US. If I surrender it when I leave the US how will I
    >re-enter? What do I tell the officers at immigration when I am entering Canada and
    >then when I return to the US? Has anyone been through this, that can give me any
    >advise? Will I be able to return even though it states that I can go back and
    >forth? Sorry if these are silly questions but everything with immigration makes me
    >nervous. They tell you to do one thing and then when you go to do it your told to do
    >it another way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    >Mel