Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Wife's job while applying for EAD???

Wikiposts

Wife's job while applying for EAD???

Old May 23rd 2004, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

hanjin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife's job while applying for EAD???

My wife applied for her EAD card around the beginning of April and we received our reciept and NOA for it. She has a job right now, that pays pretty good. When she called for an appointment for her biometrics, they could only schedule her for May 26th, the problem is that her EAD card she got when she was a student will expire May 31st. Will she be able to keep her job?? She really loves her job, and I hope she can keep it?? Any suggestions would be very appreciative.

Thankyou
Old May 23rd 2004, 2:32 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife's job while applying for EAD???

Can she explain the situ and try and get it sooner? Any chance she can take unpaid leave to cover the gap?
Old May 24th 2004, 2:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the same situation a few years ago. My EAD had actually expired prior to receiving a renewal. When I got my renewal, the EAD had been back-dated to the date of the application, not the date I actually got it in my hand. I had taken a week off of work but, as it turns out, I didn't have to since I was covered for the whole period but didn't know it. Your mileage may vary!

Ian

Originally posted by hanjin1
My wife applied for her EAD card around the beginning of April and we received our reciept and NOA for it. She has a job right now, that pays pretty good. When she called for an appointment for her biometrics, they could only schedule her for May 26th, the problem is that her EAD card she got when she was a student will expire May 31st. Will she be able to keep her job?? She really loves her job, and I hope she can keep it?? Any suggestions would be very appreciative.

Thankyou
Old May 24th 2004, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

Thankyou
My suggestion is that even though she does not have an appointment for BIOMETRICS, she can walk-in to the ASC and get it done. I know in ATLANTA, that is possible.
Old May 24th 2004, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by waitingforAOS
My suggestion is that even though she does not have an appointment for BIOMETRICS, she can walk-in to the ASC and get it done. I know in ATLANTA, that is possible.
Well actually her appointment is May 26th. The only gripe I have is that her current EAD will expire on May 31st. And I have heard that you don't get your EAD when you take your biometrics. So that means in 5 days her card will expire and I don't know what else will happen. I hope she will be able to keep her job, she loves it so much.
Old May 25th 2004, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Well actually her appointment is May 26th. The only gripe I have is that her current EAD will expire on May 31st. And I have heard that you don't get your EAD when you take your biometrics. So that means in 5 days her card will expire and I don't know what else will happen. I hope she will be able to keep her job, she loves it so much.
Does the letter say that it's an appointment for her EAD or just fingerprinting? In Philadelphia you have an interview for an EAD (get your forefinger fingerprinted) and are issued the EAD on the same day.
Old May 26th 2004, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by AlisonPA
Does the letter say that it's an appointment for her EAD or just fingerprinting? In Philadelphia you have an interview for an EAD (get your forefinger fingerprinted) and are issued the EAD on the same day.
Well we went to do my wife's biometrics yesterday and boy was I worried. I didn't know what they would say when we asked them about her current EAD expiring May 31st. We got there about an hour early. We had our appointment letter and time, but it didn't matter, there was not that many people there. It took about 15 minutes and her name was called. She went in did some fingerprints and photos and that was that. My wife then asked about her current situation with her EAD expiring soon and they said that she would be fine. They stamped her papers and told her that she can just show her employer the stamped papers and that would show she was waiting for her EAD card. So all in all they said she could keep working. WOOHOO!!!!!! Well thankyou for all your help and I hope to get through this process soon