Wikiposts

why proof with I-751?

Old May 12th 2004, 9:04 am
Just Joined

bluetee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default why proof with I-751?

Why do you have to again prove the validity of your marriage when you file the I-751? If you showed that your marriage was bona fide when you got your conditional green card, you are still married two years later, why do they think it would have somehow become fraudulent? especially since you can get a waiver if you're separated as long as you prove you entered into it in good faith? If you already showed it, why do you have to show it again?
Old May 12th 2004, 9:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why proof with I-751?

Originally posted by bluetee
Why do you have to again prove the validity of your marriage when you file the I-751? If you showed that your marriage was bona fide when you got your conditional green card, you are still married two years later, why do they think it would have somehow become fraudulent? especially since you can get a waiver if you're separated as long as you prove you entered into it in good faith? If you already showed it, why do you have to show it again?
Who are we to question the wisdom of the federal goverment and its legislature.
Old May 12th 2004, 9:18 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

bt,

Because... that's what Congress wrote into the law.

Folinskyinla ocassionally posts some tidbits about immigration legislation over the years that, while not answering many questions as to the logic of things, demonstrate how the patchwork quilt of immigration law came to be such a beast.

Regards, JEff

Old May 12th 2004, 9:20 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Because they work with the goverment!, They are not happy until they are buried with paperwork
Good Luck!!
Old May 12th 2004, 10:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
.....They are not happy until they are buried with paperwork
Or, until WE are buried with paperwork!!!
Old May 12th 2004, 10:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Simply because they are interested in the "continuing" validity of your marriage. Submit evidence pertaining primarily from the date after the AOS approval to the time of filing of the I-751. If you read the instructions on the I-751 there are instructions on how to file IF you are no longer married. In that case there is only one signature on the I-751, the resident's signature. In the case of petitioning for removal based on a continuing valid marriage, there are two signatures --- the US Citizen's and the resident's.

It is not as others have stated because the government likes paperwork but for a very real and valid reason.

Rete
Old May 12th 2004, 11:05 am
heading to Ohio

widge is an unknown quantity at this point

Because they work closely with government and therefore know that the odds on something that was said two years ago still holding water are pretty damn slim ......... unfortunately we are being judged by their standards
Old May 12th 2004, 11:43 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete

It is not as others have stated because the government likes paperwork but for a very real and valid reason.

Rete

Doh!!
I was kidding!!!
Old May 12th 2004, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Doh!!
I was kidding!!!

I know ;-)
Old May 12th 2004, 12:22 pm
heading to Ohio

widge is an unknown quantity at this point

Doh!!
I was kidding!!!

oh no you weren't hehehehehe
Old May 12th 2004, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

I don't like the law either. But, some people have been quite creative is creating packets of documents -- and some people are damn good actors.

Also, with the introduction of the two year conditional requirement, there was a concomitant effect of LOWERING the amount of evidence to show a valid marriage to get the original visa. Remember that if the processing times were more reasonable, visas/adjustments would be granted to newleyweds who did not yet have time to produce evidence of "bona fides."

Also, do NOT submit evidence that PRE-dates the admission to residence.
Old May 12th 2004, 4:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I don't like the law either. But, some people have been quite creative is creating packets of documents -- and some people are damn good actors.

Also, with the introduction of the two year conditional requirement, there was a concomitant effect of LOWERING the amount of evidence to show a valid marriage to get the original visa. Remember that if the processing times were more reasonable, visas/adjustments would be granted to newleyweds who did not yet have time to produce evidence of "bona fides."

Also, do NOT submit evidence that PRE-dates the admission to residence.
I'm confused about something (surprise, surprise! lol). How many AOS interviews are there? It seems to me there are two...one shortly after you turn in the AOS application, to receive the conditional card, and a second one down the road where you show proof of a bona-fide marriage and get the conditions lifted. Am I right? Or is there only the one to get the conditions lifted?

Rene
Old May 12th 2004, 5:01 pm

Originally posted by Noorah101
I'm confused about something (surprise, surprise! lol). How many AOS interviews are there? It seems to me there are two...one shortly after you turn in the AOS application, to receive the conditional card, and a second one down the road where you show proof of a bona-fide marriage and get the conditions lifted. Am I right? Or is there only the one to get the conditions lifted?

Rene
Hey Rene
Night
I think You are right.

Hyper ( Going bananas over AOS)
Old May 12th 2004, 5:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Rene
You will get the first one for the normal AOS interview (but I believed than can be waived but rarel)
A percentage of the the removal of conditions applicants can get a 2nd interview ..but most it seems do not...
Old May 12th 2004, 5:07 pm

Originally posted by ray6
You will get the first one for the normal AOS interview (but I believed than can be waived but rarel)
A percentage of the the removal of conditions applicants can get a 2nd interview ..but most it seems do not...

You are still up??
Too much Coffee??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.