Wikiposts

Why post NOA2 now?

Old Mar 1st 2003, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

don hess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why post NOA2 now?

There have been a lot of friendly and helpful people on this site...and I said about a week ago how I would post my NOA2 from NSC so that you all could see how NSC was progressing....

But now there isn't much need to post mine when it happens...because it will be like the "newspaper in the bottom of the bird cage"....old news compared to the approvals from late October and even Decemeber....

I am happy for all approvals...but it really disturbs me the way things have gone this past week....

For five months I have been watching the approval posts and spent many nights on this site doing so....and up unitl this past week no approval had come in ahead of others and now there were at least half a dozen that came in way after mine....

If my approval had been as timely as those half a dozen my fiance would be lying here next to me right now....

Instead I have to keep checking every day next week on the online site and pray it comes next week...if not the next week....

So anyway...forgive me if I do not post my NOA2 and show over excitement and graditude....

I will be very happy...but I am so dissappointed in the system now I may just keep my excitement for my fiance....

Thank you all for help, and I will continue to try and help people on this site at least until my fiance makes it over here to Seattle...
Old Mar 1st 2003, 9:49 pm
finally home with thing1

thing2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don

Sorry to hear you feel that way. It's sad that you feel you can't share your joy of approval here when it comes. Everyone's approval matters to everyone else here. One more approval, wherever it is, is one closer to their own.

Over the past week, I can understand how Sept 1st NOAs can have been frustrated by seeing late October approvals and you yourself started a thread being angry at "unfair NSC" and venting your frustration

Personally I'm happy to hear of anyone's approval - recently a July 1st NOA was shouted down, and there are still the odd few with their first NOA from August. Should they not share their joy? It's natural to want to do so.

Would I still feel the same if my approval was waiting whilst those after me were being approved. Sure. I'd be frustrated yes, but, at the INS themselves, and some people have been 'shouting' at the lucky recipients of those approvals.

We're going to post our approval whether it comes tomorrow, in 6 weeks or whenever

For the lucky ones, good on you and I wish you every happiness in the next stages of your life and the futures you begin...
Old Mar 1st 2003, 10:22 pm
finally home with thing1

thing2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by thing2
at the INS themselves...
oops, those damn 3 letters are burned into my brain. I did of course mean BCIS
Old Mar 1st 2003, 10:37 pm
todd without nan

toddnan is an unknown quantity at this point

hi don.... sorry about the bad time you have had, you sure have the right to be angry and frustrated. your noa is way ahead of mine, im 10/8/2. and im also mad as hell, at the late oct postings. not at the people personally, just at the system.

i just posted a reply to someone that thought too much whining was going on here. of course she is just starting the wait, not a veteran waiter, like some of us here.

i suppose ill post that when ours gets approved, just so others will see they are still doing something. but i understand your feeling, its a bit like getting a christmas present the following summer. i am not at all sure that i will be receiving approval anytime soon, one can hope, but then who knows, their system is screwy.

so if anybody wants to "whine" or vent or complain, its fine with me. no its not gonna make the wheels move any faster, but we certainly have the right, and expect people to understand, cuz we are all in the same waiting boat.
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by thing2
Don

Sorry to hear you feel that way. It's sad that you feel you can't share your joy of approval here when it comes. Everyone's approval matters to everyone else here. One more approval, wherever it is, is one closer to their own.

Over the past week, I can understand how Sept 1st NOAs can have been frustrated by seeing late October approvals and you yourself started a thread being angry at "unfair NSC" and venting your frustration

Personally I'm happy to hear of anyone's approval - recently a July 1st NOA was shouted down, and there are still the odd few with their first NOA from August. Should they not share their joy? It's natural to want to do so.

Would I still feel the same if my approval was waiting whilst those after me were being approved. Sure. I'd be frustrated yes, but, at the INS themselves, and some people have been 'shouting' at the lucky recipients of those approvals.

We're going to post our approval whether it comes tomorrow, in 6 weeks or whenever

For the lucky ones, good on you and I wish you every happiness in the next stages of your life and the futures you begin...
Thing 2

The July post you saw was an Admin. Review...that is completely different...

For me to post my Sept. 25 approval would not make anyone happy it is closer to their approval...because there are none left close to mine...

You kind of misunderstood my point..I am agry at BCIS not anyone on this site....I will continue to support and help people on here...I would just hope everyone would write their Congrssmand and Senators and try and stop the injustice...

If you go through what some of us are now...you will see how we feel...

Good luck in your future also....
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 5:43 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hang in the DonnHess

Don,

Hang in there Donn, I am confident that you petition will be approved soon, it is almost your time. We are all mad at the system and the way and times that they are handled. There are many people with NAO1's near your time, I am only two months away. If you have not seen it, take a look at: http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php
you will see many more of us waiting with you. It is with these threads that we can all communicate, learn and share with each other. With out the communication with fellow petitioners we would all just be numbers in the system... I am LIN....... something or other, probably on shelf something or other waiting for inspector someone or other to finish the what ever number coffee break they are on to get to the other hundres of other LIN numbers in front of me... Please let me and everyone know when it is approved, which will be soon...

Scott Henshaw
www.frontier-trading.com/nanette.htm
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Hang in the DonnHess

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Don,

Hang in there Donn, I am confident that you petition will be approved soon, it is almost your time. We are all mad at the system and the way and times that they are handled. There are many people with NAO1's near your time, I am only two months away. If you have not seen it, take a look at: http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php
you will see many more of us waiting with you. It is with these threads that we can all communicate, learn and share with each other. With out the communication with fellow petitioners we would all just be numbers in the system... I am LIN....... something or other, probably on shelf something or other waiting for inspector someone or other to finish the what ever number coffee break they are on to get to the other hundres of other LIN numbers in front of me... Please let me and everyone know when it is approved, which will be soon...

Scott Henshaw
www.frontier-trading.com/nanette.htm
Thanks for the reply Scott...I am confident I will be approved also soon...but the point is it is time for people to speak up to your Congressman and Senators to prevent unfair approval timelines for those in the future...

It is bad enough that the NSC is behind all other Service Centers to begin with...and then to have NSC as inconsistant as it is makes it double unfair...

There is nothing that can be done about the difference's in the Service Centers...that is a regional thing...but something can be done about the people who apply two or three month ahead of someone else and wait and wait patiently and then see others get approved....I never sent a single negative thread until I saw thing happening....

Now is the time to let the "new BCIS" know of the inconsitancy...besides writing Congressman and Senators...write the "new" department of BCIS and give them our comments....that is how things are changed...by the people...

don
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 9:48 am
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough
Default I know you're tired of hearing from me Don

I just have a feeling that yours is this week Don!!! And you better share your happiness and relief with us!!! I can only hope those out of order petitions that were approved were ones that were pulled out of a stack to train new hires!!!!

Hang in there and I'm praying to God that you're approved tomorrow!!!

Carey