why not?

Old Aug 25th 2002, 3:33 am
cmp
Forum Regular

cmp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default why not?

What would theoretically be the problem with marrying here in States and accompanying said husband to the NZ Embassy? Good god, these rules are ridiculous and not clear cut.
Old Aug 25th 2002, 9:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why not?

Originally posted by cmp:
What would theoretically be the problem with marrying here in States and accompanying said husband to the NZ Embassy? Good god, these rules are ridiculous and not clear cut.
cmp, I'm not sure if you'll get any joy with DCF in NZ. Have you found anyone who's successfully completed one from there?
From the below, I read it that the USC must be "residing abroad". On a positive note, that may not mean living there, but visiting MAY be OK.

You really should read the DocSteen DCF section and then CALL the Consulate in Auckland to get the specifics.

http://usembassy.org.nz/nzservices/i...wwsindex.shtml
"In some cases, if the American citizen sponsor is residing abroad, he or she may file the petition (I-130) with the Immigrant Service officer or in person at the Consulate General in Auckland, provided the alien spouse is a permanent resident of New Zealand."

Also,
"THE IMMIGRANT VISA SECTION:

Processes visas for applicants who wish to obtain legal permanent residence in the United States, or who have lost their green card.
Open to the public for walk-in service 9.00am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday

Phone inquiries - 2.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday

Phone: (64+9) 303 2724 extn: 227 / 228

They do not accept emails on the subject of immigration or visas.