Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Why Americans have huge personal trucks

Why Americans have huge personal trucks

Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:10 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Americans have huge personal trucks

It's the stupid looking trucks that are raised about 4ft off the ground, that need a beer crate to stand on to get into that make me laugh!!..........Why do they need them FFS!!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:38 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

It's to make up for their incredibly small penises.

I, on the other hand, drive a Mini...
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
That may be a factor, but the main reason is so they need to take out additional loans to pay for the oversized truck and be forced to live paycheck to paycheck to pay for the gas, and then whine to me "You're so lucky being able to retire, I'll have to work till I'm eighty years old, I have to pay my mortgage, my equity lines of credit and my car loans."

Idiots. Make a realistic budget and live within it. That may involve driving a used Corolla.

Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Having a small car, I often get cut off by big trucks. Last week one guy honked at me for not letting him cut in front of me.

It seems to be a penis extension for some men, although mostly used for waving in the face of other men rather than to attract women.
Does that mean they're gay? If it does, how does that square with certain republicans...???
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:43 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Even more appropriate: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...ed-up-toyo.jpg
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:17 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

I think all trucks have a special mod that only allows them to go in a straight line and makes the driver think they're bigger than they are because they don't seem to go round corners without driving into the oncoming lane and they seem to take up two parking spots when one would do.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Does that mean they're gay? If it does, how does that square with certain republicans...???
square peg, round hole.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:39 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I mean why!! ridiculous.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:56 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Ha ha!

That's cool! How about a Robin Reliant on 3 of those massive wheels??

Pick-up trucks are really useful, and I regret getting rid of mine...
Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:57 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

It's difficult to get into one of these when wearing a mini-skirt
Old Dec 19th 2012, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

I own a Toyota 4WD, but I need it , ( 2 miles of dirt road to the house ).

It's the suburbanites that get me, massive shiny trucks just to negotiate the speed bumps at Costco.

And don't get me started on the giant motorhomes that I always seem to get stuck behind, ( if you have ever driven up HWY 1 in Northern CA you'll know what I mean ).
Old Dec 19th 2012, 8:19 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

I've deduced the need for these beasts could be based on one or more of these factors:

1. Transportation of gun rack.
2. Allow driver to navigate traffic approx. 10% faster than other drivers at any given time, potentially causing accidents due to tailgating and cutting off, to arrive at traffic light precisely one car length further ahead than they would have done otherwise.
3. Transportation of home away from home to spend approx. 3-4 hours grilling and throwing around a football before weekend college/NFL game.
4. Extended cab models allow driver to transport entire softball team to games. On these models it's compulsory to write #34 GO BRITTANY!!!!! on all windows, including windscreen.
5. Transportation of illegal immigrant workers.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRG67
It's difficult to get into one of these when wearing a mini-skirt
Clearly this is research I will need to undertake. I shall need plenty of recruits (IDs will be checked for DoB and gender ), a few trucks of varying dizzying heights, and miniskirts of varying lengths. Anybody want to help with the research?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:57 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Clearly this is research I will need to undertake. I shall need plenty of recruits (IDs will be checked for DoB and gender ), a few trucks of varying dizzying heights, and miniskirts of varying lengths. Anybody want to help with the research?
I've got a mini skirt I can send you.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
I've got a mini skirt I can send you.
I'm willing to wear it, but let me shave my legs first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.