Reload this Page >

Who makes the appointment?

Wikiposts

Who makes the appointment?

Old May 9th 2004, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

ahiggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who makes the appointment?

Does anyone know for sure, who makes the I-130 appointment at the embassy? Is it the NVC or the embassy themselves? I have heard contrasting views in the last week. The £1.30 minute line for the London Embassy is a waste of time. It's a call centre in Scotland, and they admit they know nothing. I have heard that the second week of the month is the time that interviews are set up? Is this just an optimistic rumour? If I had confidence in London, I could sit here a lot more patiently. But as my wife said, these I-130 cases seem so rare these days, London probably doesn't know what to do with my file!

Here's my timeline for anyone that is going through the same scenario.

Oct 2002 Filed for I-130
December 2003 I-130 approved
Jan 2004 NVC receives file and assigns case number
Jan 2004 NVC sends DS-3032-form returned the next day
Feb 2004 NVC sends I-864 fee bill-returned next day
Feb 2004 NVC send Immigrant fee bill-returned next day
March 2004 NVC sends I-864-returned a week later
March 2004 NVC send DS-230 Part 1-returned 2 days later
Late March NVC reviews I-864-request extra info-info returned a week later
April 23rd NVC completes case review
April 28th NVC forwards file to US Embassy London
7th May Called London, no record of my file in computer
Old May 9th 2004, 7:47 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who makes the appointment?

Have you tried emailing the Embassy?

[email protected]

I would think that the Embassy themselves would be the ones to give you an interview date.

I've not heard any complaints from anyone else who's done DCF through them.
Old May 9th 2004, 7:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK

I've not heard any complaints from anyone else who's done DCF through them.
Being that it took over a year to approve the I-130, I don't think that's a DCF!

But even when it *is* "DCFd" (which it technically isn't in London, but that doesn't really matter), it seems to take about a month to 'get in the system'.

OP: there are several I-130s going through London right now who post here (more than normal!). You don't read many because most of those users don't use the NG; the process is so straightforward. Email them and see what advice they have to offer you, but it's early days still.
Old May 9th 2004, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by meauxna
Being that it took over a year to approve the I-130, I don't think that's a DCF!

But even when it *is* "DCFd" (which it technically isn't in London, but that doesn't really matter), it seems to take about a month to 'get in the system'.

OP: there are several I-130s going through London right now who post here (more than normal!). You don't read many because most of those users don't use the NG; the process is so straightforward. Email them and see what advice they have to offer you, but it's early days still.

Well I sent off the DS-2001 form that I downloaded. The London US Embassy website says you can send it to state that you are prepared for the interview. Hopefully it is actually ok to send that form. I don't want to annoy them. But after two years of this, even they must realise that you can only live in a government shadow for so long.
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Old May 9th 2004, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ahiggs
Well I sent off the DS-2001 form that I downloaded. The London US Embassy website says you can send it to state that you are prepared for the interview. Hopefully it is actually ok to send that form. I don't want to annoy them. But after two years of this, even they must realise that you can only live in a government shadow for so long.
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Oh, and meauxna is right, it is not a DCF. It's the old style I-130 (IR1). The petition was made by my wife in Colorado, Oct 2002. Denver then approved it and it was sent to the NVC-as stated in my timeline. I have emailed London too, but no reply.
Old May 9th 2004, 10:00 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by ahiggs
Oh, and meauxna is right, it is not a DCF. It's the old style I-130 (IR1). The petition was made by my wife in Colorado, Oct 2002. Denver then approved it and it was sent to the NVC-as stated in my timeline. I have emailed London too, but no reply.
Ah, my mistake, sorry. I hope you get an answer from them soon.

Best wishes

Tam