Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Who else has their interview first week of September??

Wikiposts

Who else has their interview first week of September??

Old Aug 26th 2011, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough
Default Who else has their interview first week of September??

Mine is September 8th, we're travelling down on September 7...

Anyone have their interview on the same day??
Old Aug 27th 2011, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Psychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nice
Default Re: Who else has their interview first week of September??

Hi katjoeuk

My interview is on September 6th, a couple days before you. My wife and I are traveling down to London on the Monday. I will make sure I type up my interview experience for you on the Tuesday evening so you can read it before you travel on the Wednesday, it may give you some peace of mind .

Are you as nervous as I am ?
Old Aug 27th 2011, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough

It's hard to gauge - I think I may have exhausted my "supply" of nervousness!! We went through a very stressful time because we were afraid I wouldn't make it before September 30th (which is the day we have our flights booked!!And my husband needs to leave the country because his work assignment and hence visa will be finished!!); we fretted for several weeks and I truly thought I was on the brink of a nervous breakdown ...
It now looks as though we should be fine - always assuming everything goes well at the interview!! Hubby is coming with, so I won't have to sit around the embassy all by myself for hours (which I"m dreading - I"m NOT a good waiter!!!)

I'm sure my nerves will come back when we get to London - if not before

Meanwhile, we only have the small matter of moving house (with two cats!!), finding ourselves some temporary accommodation stateside, etc etc...
Me, moan????

I hate myself when I get so whiny as I realize there are so many people whose fates are so much worse than mine....

I so wish I could swap days with you, though, as my husband has that Monday off (American bank holiday) and it would have been ideal for us to travel to London!!

Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to your report
Old Aug 27th 2011, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

Originally Posted by katjoeuk
Mine is September 8th, we're travelling down on September 7...

Anyone have their interview on the same day??
Not until the third week of Sept, but will be thinking of you! Good luck, with the interview and the move.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Psychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nice

I hate myself when I get so whiny as I realize there are so many people whose fates are so much worse than mine....
True there are people who have been through nightmarish scenarios but that doesn't take away how stressful it has been for you. Its all relative, some people would have had a nervous breakdown with all that pressure you were under .

It's hard to gauge - I think I may have exhausted my "supply" of nervousness!!
That I can relate to. I thought I would be more nervous just a week away from the interview than I would be at any other time during the process but truth be told i'm just impatient now. The process for us has been comparatively easy but I still got stupidly stressed, but today I put all my documents together for the interview and it all looks good so all I can do now is wait for next Tuesday.

Hubby is coming with, so I won't have to sit around the embassy all by myself for hours (which I"m dreading - I"m NOT a good waiter!!!)
Most reports suggest the whole experience takes between 2-3 hours and not all of that is waiting, you'll do fine . I'm the opposite inasmuch that I get very tetchy when i'm waiting - like when in a bank - so my wife is staying in the hotel to preserve her sanity.

Hubby is coming with, so I won't have to sit around the embassy all by myself for hours (which I"m dreading - I"m NOT a good waiter!!!)
Good luck to you too, i'm sure everything will go well, everyone says its always an anti-climax - iim sure you'll be fine