Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Who contacts me to say visa is ready?

Who contacts me to say visa is ready?

Old May 21st 2015, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Deejames is on a distinguished road
Default Who contacts me to say visa is ready?

Hi,
I was approved on Tuesday and have registered with courier for collection at their office.
Does the embassy let us know when it's ready for collection or courier office?
I believed courier office, but just called them and they said Embassy would email me?
Any help appreciated.
Old May 21st 2015, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

JPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who contacts me to say visa is ready?

Originally Posted by Deejames
Hi,
I was approved on Tuesday and have registered with courier for collection at their office.
Does the embassy let us know when it's ready for collection or courier office?
I believed courier office, but just called them and they said Embassy would email me?
Any help appreciated.
The Embassy told me I would get an email or text when it's with the courier. Mine has gone to "issued" in CEAC from yesterday being administrative processing and its says it will be with the courier in 2 days. The CO told me that the current day counts too.
Old May 21st 2015, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats!!
Mine went to issued yesterday 20/5 after my interview on 19/5
So hopefully I should hear by end of today, or tomorrow??
I know they say allow up to 2 weeks.
I'm itching to book my flight as husband and dogs went yesterday :-)
Old May 21st 2015, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

JPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond reputeJPROPS72 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!
Mine went to issued yesterday 20/5 after my interview on 19/5
So hopefully I should hear by end of today, or tomorrow??
I know they say allow up to 2 weeks.
My wife, daughter and pets are booked on Wednesday. I just got a flexible ticket on the same flight today
Old May 21st 2015, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

I hope you hear something soon then :-)
Where are you moving too?
Old May 21st 2015, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

I hope you hear something soon then :-)
Where are you moving too?
If I hear anything I'll let you know too. I paid for the home delivery but I'll go collect it if I can. We're moving to Florida, where are you going to?
Old May 21st 2015, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

I opted for collection from courier as I thought that might be a bit quicker?
We're moving to an island just off the coast of Maine :-)
Old May 21st 2015, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the dogs were a great concern - so please let us know that they arrive safely! It's always one of my worries. I'm sure your husband will arrive just fine!

Ian
Old May 21st 2015, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

We were so worried, but it seems they coped just fine!
My hubby sent me a video of he reunion, and it's so sweet :-)
We used pet air, and they were fab!
Old May 21st 2015, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We were so worried, but it seems they coped just fine!
My hubby sent me a video of he reunion, and it's so sweet :-)
We used pet air, and they were fab!
Great news! So glad to hear all went well. Thanks!

Ian
Old May 21st 2015, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

We have 3 dogs and 3 cats! They are on the same flight but Air Pets are dealing with ours. They have to have their fit to fly checks on Tuesday. I'm worried about them but I'm assured that they have the same conditions as the cabin and they'll sure have more room than we will! Made me smile, to fly a pet they must be able to stand up, sit down, turn around and lay full stretch, human beings just have to be able to squeeze into the alloted tiny space!

Glad your dogs arrived safe and sound and I'll update you if I hear anything on my passport return.
Old May 21st 2015, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

That's true !
I think they travel better than us!!
I'm hoping and praying I hear something tomorrow....... Damn you bank holiday weekend ;-)
Old May 22nd 2015, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

That's true !
I think they travel better than us!!
I'm hoping and praying I hear something tomorrow....... Damn you bank holiday weekend ;-)
I'm getting a little frantic, I know booking my flight was a dumb move but there was only 1 seat left and I didn't want to get my passport back only to be told, sorry no seat! Hopefully you'll hear today and we will both get the passports back in time. I was told I would get an email or a text and nothing so far.
Old May 22nd 2015, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Nothing so far today, so I'm resigning myself to it being next week :-(
Hope you make your flight on Wednesday!! Keep me posted :-)
Old May 22nd 2015, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Nothing so far today, so I'm resigning myself to it being next week :-(
Hope you make your flight on Wednesday!! Keep me posted :-)
for us both!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.