Wikiposts

white out ok on forms?

Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Zenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the rough
Default white out ok on forms?

we are awaiting the noa from the I-130 to send with the K3 but I know i'm going to be moving in about 6 weeks. I want to change the address before I send them.

Can I just put the white out over it and print over or should I do all new forms?

Any foreseeable problems?
thanks
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:07 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: white out ok on forms?

I would definitely re-do them. Sorry.

The MSC is very RFE happy lately. It's not worth the risk IMHO.

Originally posted by Zenas
we are awaiting the noa from the I-130 to send with the K3 but I know i'm going to be moving in about 6 weeks. I want to change the address before I send them.

Can I just put the white out over it and print over or should I do all new forms?

thanks
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:08 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
I would fill out new forms rather than using white-out. I believe I've read quite a few posts about white out being a bad idea, and that even crossing something out is better than covering up the information.

Do a search and I think you'll find some information on this very topic.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:21 am
Wayne

Better to take 5 minutes, and re-do the forms,..
I think it will be fine,.. the only true problem with white-out would be the
signature,..
BUT WHY TAKE A CHANCE FOR 5 MINUTES?

"Zenas" <member9000@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > we are awaiting the noa from the I-130 to send with the K3 but I know
    > i'm going to be moving in about 6 weeks. I want to change the address
    > before I send them.
    > Can I just put the white out over it and print
    > over or should I do all new forms?
    > Any foreseeable problems?
    > thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:08 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Hi:

Never, ever use white-out.

If you use the same forms, you should cross out the old information with a single line and then "interlineate" the new information. The idea is to show what change was made.

This is no problem. In fact, this is how USCIS changes the information on the forms when they get information that a change is necessary.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:48 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Don't use white out.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:49 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
I would definitely re-do them. Sorry.

The MSC is very RFE happy lately. It's not worth the risk IMHO.
Sad but true
Re-do them!!
And Good Luck!!!