Reload this Page >

where to file my applciation for marriage based EAD

Wikiposts

where to file my applciation for marriage based EAD

Old Jul 6th 2003, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

jaja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to file my applciation for marriage based EAD

As green card holder, My wife filed I-130 petition for me in April 2002. That case is pending due to limited annual quote per county for this type of immigration category. Fortunately, My wife will become an US citizen in coming August or September. We are wondering whether BCIS office in Santa Ana of Orange County is the right place to file I-765 EAD for me as I-765’s C9 so that I could get EAD or interim EAD as early as possible.
We found the Timeline posted by Etinna on this forum is impressive(http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=ead+santa+ana ). She filed I-130 and I-485 on 1/23/2003 on Santa Ana BCIS office and got EAD on 3/27/2003.

However, we find from California Service Center Processing Time Report of 06/16/03 (http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/ca.html) there is back log for this kind processing which they are Processing cases with these receipt notice dates:2/19/2003 for those I-765 for employment authorization C9 while I-485 is pending .
We are considering to file I-765 and I-485 to Vermont, in which they are processing for my kind case (I-765 for C9) seems fast.
Can we file I-485 in Santa Ana land file I-765 in Vermont? Or Do we have to file I-485 and I-765 in same location? Our goal is getting EAD or interim EAD as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
La_jaja

Last edited by jaja; Jul 6th 2003 at 7:21 pm.