where to file I-130

Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to file I-130

Originally Posted by bybarra
Hey, great news...

London has accepted my petition for DCF filing for my husband (despite my having limited leave to remain in the UK)! I guess the proof of 4 years worth of work & residence was OK this time.

Yay! Step 1, done.

Thanks for suggestions and support!
Congratulations!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the details.. it helps everyone!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Brodders is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the update, that is really helpful!

Did you submit a covering letter or any additional documents proving that you had been resident in the UK for 4 years, or did you merely submit the copy of your *********t the information on the G-325A (biographic information form)?

I note that the checklist states that one should not send anything extra but I would also like to explain to them that although I have been resident in the UK since January 2006, I did spend some time outside the UK in a British Overseas Territory (posted abroad by the Government on a Crown service contract).
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

That should read copy of your ********* G325A. Not sure where the stars came from
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Is visa an illegal word on this site?!

Why does it keep doing that? In case it does that again, what I'm referring to is the "document you have to prove that you can stay and work in the UK".
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brodders
Is visa an illegal word on this site?!

Why does it keep doing that? In case it does that again, what I'm referring to is the "document you have to prove that you can stay and work in the UK".
Clearly 'visa' isn't an illegal word here; it shows in my post and yours.

You must have typed something more than just 'visa'.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

Thanks for the update, that is really helpful!

Did you submit a covering letter or any additional documents proving that you had been resident in the UK for 4 years, or did you merely submit the copy of your *********t the information on the G-325A (biographic information form)?

I note that the checklist states that one should not send anything extra but I would also like to explain to them that although I have been resident in the UK since January 2006, I did spend some time outside the UK in a British Overseas Territory (posted abroad by the Government on a Crown service contract).
Hi Brodders.

Sorry for the delay. Was on a short holiday. Computerless.

I DID submit a cover letter and a lot of extra supporting documents, even though they specifically say not to submit extra documents.

In the cover letter, I stated that I've been working in the UK for four years for the same employer. I listed the documents included in the package (all the required ones, plus some additional documents as "proof of my bone fide UK residence"). I included photocopies of my original entry stamp plus photocopies of 2 additional extensions to my "Limited Leave to Remain".

As extras, I included :
copies of council tax bills for the last 4 years
a bank statement with my current address
a credit card statement with my current address
A letter from my gym stating I've been a member for the last 4 years
Copies of 2 leases
A copy of my NHS card
A copy of my daughter's UK birth certificate (born here last year)
A copy of my NHS maternity prescription exemption card
A copy of my film rental membership
A copy of my botanical garden membership
A copy of my European Health Insurance card

Hope this is helpful. If you have questions let me know!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, that's very helpful!

Did you submit the I-130 for your daughter with a separate covering letter or did you include both applications (i.e. daughter and husband's) under the same covering letter in one envelope? And does one need a separate credit card payment form for each application or can I put the fees for all three applications (I have 2 children) on one credit card form?

Sorry about all these questions but your case is so similar to mine, except mine has the additional complication of my spending the last 18 months outside the UK (in a British Overseas Territory) as I was posted abroad by the UK Government. And as it was on Crown service, I'm hoping that they'll still accept the fact that I regard the UK as my permanent home. We get back in October and I'd like to submit my application as soon as possible so don't want to wait 6 months. It would then probably be best if I submit e.g. copies of my UK government contract, etc.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

Thanks, that's very helpful!

Did you submit the I-130 for your daughter with a separate covering letter or did you include both applications (i.e. daughter and husband's) under the same covering letter in one envelope? And does one need a separate credit card payment form for each application or can I put the fees for all three applications (I have 2 children) on one credit card form?

Sorry about all these questions but your case is so similar to mine, except mine has the additional complication of my spending the last 18 months outside the UK (in a British Overseas Territory) as I was posted abroad by the UK Government. And as it was on Crown service, I'm hoping that they'll still accept the fact that I regard the UK as my permanent home. We get back in October and I'd like to submit my application as soon as possible so don't want to wait 6 months. It would then probably be best if I submit e.g. copies of my UK government contract, etc.
Hi again.

I didn't submit an I-130 for my daughter as she has an American passport. So the petition was only for my husband (as he's the only one without US passport), and therefore only 1 fee, 1 cover letter, etc. I only included her UK birth certificate only as proof that I've actually been here and in the system etc. I also included her Certificate of US consular report of birth abroad (essentially her US birth certificate).

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like your overseas territory employment should still count as UK-based without a problem.

I'm happy to try to answer any of your questions, though I don't have much more experience than my own. I've done well through many suggestions through this site though (thanks guys!), and through searching the threads.

One last thing: If your kids aren't US citizens, I'm pretty sure they'd go onto the same I-130 as the person you're petitioning for, no?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

One more thing:

I submitted my self-addressed stamped envelope as just normal envelope and a regular first class stamp on it. I just received a notice from the post office saying there is a letter for me being held due to insufficient postage on it. I haven't retrieved the letter yet, but I assume this will be from USCIS and that they will have returned all of those extra documents. I've heard from others that the extra documents have been returned with big red marks on the checklist referring to the point where it says not to submit extraneous documentation.

I don't think there's any way to know whether they will have used this extra documentation or not. But I'm glad I submitted it all anyway.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. Of course! I forgot you previously mentioned that your daughter had a US passport!