where do i apply for AOS?

Wikiposts

where do i apply for AOS?

Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:31 am
Her
Forum Regular

Her is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where do i apply for AOS?

i have my forms ready and i see CONSTANT contradicting info from INS.

I been using the seach feature here..and i constantly see stories of people "Walking to local office to File".

i call the BCIS 800 number..they say i485 goes to vermont, Mail i assume.

i go to the website to the vermont service center section, they say they will accept i-130s..........EXCEPT WHEN FILED WITH THE I485!!

this does not make sense..i also hear it is better to walk in and file in person than do it by mail.

i live in MD, outside baltimore.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where do i apply for AOS?

Originally posted by Her

I been using the seach feature here..and i constantly see stories of people "Walking to local office to File".

i go to the website to the vermont service center section, they say they will accept i-130s..........EXCEPT WHEN FILED WITH THE I485!!

this does not make sense..i also hear it is better to walk in and file in person than do it by mail.

send EAD and AOS to VSC and they will transfer it to Baltimore... All other states will go to the district office.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Her

You were given correct information. For the filers who live in the Baltimore, MD jurisdiction your paperwork is to be filed with VSC. That includes the I-130 and I-485 where applicable. If you came on a K-1 an I-130 is not required If you married from any other type of visa the I-130 is required and is filed at the same time. Also include your EAD I-765 appication.

Send by some type of mail that will generate a receipt that it was received.

Rete
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:49 am
Her
Forum Regular

Her is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
You were given correct information. For the filers who live in the Baltimore, MD jurisdiction your paperwork is to be filed with VSC. That includes the I-130 and I-485 where applicable. If you came on a K-1 an I-130 is not required If you married from any other type of visa the I-130 is required and is filed at the same time. Also include your EAD I-765 appication.

Send by some type of mail that will generate a receipt that it was received.

Rete
thanks u guys