Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Where did you meet your other half?

Where did you meet your other half?

Old May 11th 2012, 6:07 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about
Default Where did you meet your other half?

Sugarmooma told us in the music thread how she met her husband. Congrats on 37th anniversary!

My first husband was an officer in the United States Airforce. Me and a girlfriend were having a bite to eat in The Plaza Hotel. He was sitting at the next table. We chatted a bit and he was fun. When we went to pay our bill, the waiter told us that the officer had paid our bill for us. When we left, he was outside on Fifth Avenue waiting for us.

My second husband is my father's heart surgeon. My father came over from London for a consultation and I met my husband when I took my father to the hospital for his appointment. BTW, my second husband is an American too.

Please share your romantic tales of love with us.
Old May 11th 2012, 10:22 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where did you meet your other half?

Sixty-five views and nobody has a love story to share? Americans would have filled this thread by now.
Old May 11th 2012, 10:31 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Because some of us have posted this several times before.

I met my missus on the bus from Rangoon to Mandalay, we got talking and found out our birthdays were the next day. Did a bit of traveling together around northern Burma. Back in Mandalay the hotel only had a double (rather than the usual twin) went to bed as traveling companions, got up next day as a couple.
She then flew of to Belgium, on her way back home, to meet some other bloke she had met in Indonesia; I won out in the long run.
Old May 11th 2012, 10:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Because some of us have posted this several times before.
So they can post again! Many of us are new to the forum. We haven't read these stories before. I love reading other people's stories.

Love your story, BTW. We have a lot of Burmese refugees in NYC, by way of Thailand. I've been doing quite a bit of charitable work with them and they seem to be the nicest people.
Old May 11th 2012, 10:48 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

At a horse show just outside Houston, A Robert Dover Dressage Symposium. I was vacationing on my own, she was having a weekend away from vet school.
It was January, I was dressed for what I expected Texas should be, however, it was freezing cold. I was shivering on the metal bleachers. She offered to share a blanket. We have been sharing it ever since....
Old May 11th 2012, 11:37 pm
Banned

ThinBrit, nice story. Don't know if you like documentaries, but I really enjoyed this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1753549/
Old May 11th 2012, 11:43 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Primula
ThinBrit, nice story. Don't know if you like documentaries, but I really enjoyed this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1753549/
So we should match up works of art to our marriages
Mine would be Kipling's Mandalay
Old May 11th 2012, 11:47 pm
Banned

That's hard. Racking my brains thinking about it. First husband a USAF officer, second a surgeon. Got it, MASH. (Yours was a poem so I will have a popular TV show.)
Old May 12th 2012, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

We met through City Limits - mix-up over pub names but got there in the end.

London Calling?
Old May 12th 2012, 12:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

We met through City Limits - mix-up over pub names but got there in the end.

London Calling?
You've lost me.
Old May 12th 2012, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Primula
You've lost me.
Old May 12th 2012, 12:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I know the song. Gotcha now, that was your work of art.

But what is City Limits?
Old May 12th 2012, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I think its a magazine, like Time Out. I met my OH when I fell off a chair in a pub in Ipswich. A mutual friend introduced us!
Old May 12th 2012, 12:50 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

She was a jet setting American, working with some of my friends in London. In a pub one Friday night she was buying Tequila shots for everyone, and I wanted JD instead. She said that's when I caught her eye.

Don't know how she met the new bloke though!
Old May 12th 2012, 12:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jemima55
I think its a magazine, like Time Out.
Gotcha.

Originally Posted by RICH
Don't know how she met the new bloke though!
Sorry, I'm thick. Not following this part.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.