Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

When will be given K-1 visa after interview??

Wikiposts

When will be given K-1 visa after interview??

Old May 31st 2008, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When will be given K-1 visa after interview??

I would like to know how long it takes until I get K-1 visa after interview. Most people said that it takes for almost a week. My interview date is on 24th of June, and I want to buy a flight ticket on 4th or 7th of July. Do you think I can get the visa within 1 week after interview???
Old May 31st 2008, 5:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will be given K-1 visa after interview??

Originally Posted by ikehasu
I would like to know how long it takes until I get K-1 visa after interview. Most people said that it takes for almost a week. My interview date is on 24th of June, and I want to buy a flight ticket on 4th or 7th of July. Do you think I can get the visa within 1 week after interview???
Do NOT buy a ticket until you have your visa IN HAND. There's no way of knowing exactly when you will get it, or if it will be approved on the day of your interview.

There was a recent poster here who took the embassy's word that she'd have her visa within 3 to 5 days. She bought a ticket for that time frame, and it ended up taking 2 more days, she had to change her ticket.

You can make a reservation, but don't purchase the ticket until you have your visa in your hands.

Rene
Old May 31st 2008, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When will be given K-1 visa after interview??

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Do NOT buy a ticket until you have your visa IN HAND. There's no way of knowing exactly when you will get it, or if it will be approved on the day of your interview.

There was a recent poster here who took the embassy's word that she'd have her visa within 3 to 5 days. She bought a ticket for that time frame, and it ended up taking 2 more days, she had to change her ticket.

You can make a reservation, but don't purchase the ticket until you have your visa in your hands.

Rene
Thanks your advice. I will not buy one now, but wait for until I have my visa in my hand!