Reload this Page >

When to start the process?

Wikiposts

When to start the process?

Old Nov 27th 2004, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Mothhive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When to start the process?

Ok, the G-235A form says "submit seperate completed and signed forms G-235A(Biographic information) for you and your fiance. Except for name and signature, you do not have to repeat on the Biographic Information given on your Form I-129F".

Does that mean that I have to print and sign mine (in quadriplicate) and send that to California so she can hand them in together?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on how to write the proof of intent to marry?

Edit - Thanx Jenney for your post, just read it.

Last edited by Mothhive; Nov 27th 2004 at 12:48 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

MothysGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Jenney&Mark - Yea we had no clue about the processing times when we made those plans. My mom had been a bit misleading, she herself thought it was a much simpler process than it is.

Providing my mother agrees to be co-sponsor she should be fine.

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully we'll get through this.

Last edited by MothysGirl; Nov 27th 2004 at 1:06 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 12:53 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Don't worry about the co-sponsor bit now, that's for the affidavit of support, they would basically fill in the same financial sponsor form as you.
I disagree. Those who know they absolutely need a co-sponsor should start working on that NOW, not later. One should never assume that a relative or friend will automatically agree to be a co-sponsor. It's not uncommon for that person to actually refuse and then the couple is faced with a major set-back because they didn't plan for the person to say no.

If he doesn't have a SSN, then write N/A, and the A#, that's if he already has one, so probably not at this stage.
If the OP's fiance doesn't have a SSN or A#, he should put "none" -- because he has none. If he has no children, he should put "none" and if he's never been married, he should put "none" when listing the names of his former spouses. If he has none, the answer is "none".

~ Jenney
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I disagree. Those who know they absolutely need a co-sponsor should start working on that NOW, not later. One should never assume that a relative or friend will automatically agree to be a co-sponsor. It's not uncommon for that person to actually refuse and then the couple is faced with a major set-back because they didn't plan for the person to say no.
That's a fair point, normally have a few people all lined up ready anyway just incase anyone got cold feet closer to the time they needed to do it myself
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:03 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mothhive
Does that mean that I have to print and sign [my G325-A] (in quadriplicate) and send that to California so she can hand them in together?
Yes.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on how to write the proof of intent to marry?
Something along these lines:

"I, [your name], do hereby declare that it is my sincere intention to get married to [fiance's name] within 90 days of arriving to the United States of America under the K-1 Visa."

Or, if you wanted to present a joint statement:

We, [USC name & fiance's name], do hereby declare that it is our sincere intention to get married within 90 days of [fiance's name]'s arriving to the United States of America under the K-1 Visa."

Either way, each of you must sign and date the declarations to make them official. (They do NOT need to be notarized -- only the I-134 needs to be notarized.)

~ Jenney
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just a short statement along the lines of we plan to marry on such a date at such a location as we have been together as a couple for such a time.

That pretty much was what we had and it weren't a problem, obviously you stick in your details.

As for the bio forms, can't remember off hand, but there was a bunch that say not to sign on the forms, those you don't because you do them at the interview.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanx alot guys for all the help you are giving. It means alot to us.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
Do yourselves a favor and skip the expensive wedding and use the money to hire a good immigration lawyer!
Yeah, but if it's a straight forward case, it's worthing looking into doing it with out and save the money, but then if after going through the forms and it still seems over bearing, then use one, or if they have any problems like previous arrests.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Well, neither of us have a criminal record of any kind, so it should go smoothly. *Crosses fingers*

How much would a good immigration lawyer cost anyway?
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Often get the first consult free, but as for actual costs, wouldn't know.

Look at:
www.aila.org and check out any locals.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:39 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Well, neither of us have a criminal record of any kind, so it should go smoothly. *Crosses fingers*

We did the K3 route. It cost $4000 to the date I arrived on my K3.

That gives you a ball park figure.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

K, thanx.

Was also wondering what to do when it says middle name on forms. I have 2.

Also, what do I put for State/Province? Would that be England or do I leave it balnk. :s

Last edited by Mothhive; Nov 27th 2004 at 1:56 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 2:29 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Your co-sponsor must meet the minimum income requirements for their household size plus your fiance. For example, if your co-sponsor is married with one child, then the household size would be co-sponsor + spouse + child + your fiance = 4 people. The current minimum income requirement for that household size is $18,850/year.

~ Jenney
One correction... For the example to be correct that $18,850.00 must be multiplied by 125% to reach a total minimum income requirement of $23,562.50/year for a household size of four.

Marnee
Old Nov 27th 2004, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

MothysGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
One correction... For the example to be correct that $18,850.00 must be multiplied by 125% to reach a total minimum income requirement of $23,562.50/year for a household size of four.

Marnee

Still fine there Just gotta get her to agree. She really likes my love though so hopefully that won't be a prob.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

betsyanddavid will become famous soon enough

K, thanx.

Was also wondering what to do when it says middle name on forms. I have 2.

Also, what do I put for State/Province? Would that be England or do I leave it balnk. :s

OK, my fiance is also from England. For middle names, try to fit both in there I would think, because they will need your full name. For State/Province; My fiance put: Street address, Laxey, Isle of Man, UK. Now I don't know how it would be for others on the mainland, but if you have a province, or county, I think that would suffice. I'm sure some of the other folks from the UK can help you with that as well.

Good Luck to you both.

Betsy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.