Wikiposts

When are RFE's going to be approved

Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When are RFE's going to be approved

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
t,

It's "little added twist[s]" like this than might be causing your delay. It could very well be that the NBC wants to see your wife's existing file before acting on the petition that is before them. That file has to be gotten from wherever it is, and perhaps wherever-it-is doesn't want to give it up until they're done with it.

Without going into details, this is why my I-129f petition sat at the VSC for over 150 days (without any RFE) until I asked that it be withdrawn.

Regards, JEff

ps: could you and your wife please put some clothes on....
I could see where this might be hold up but that doesn't change the fact that no one is reporting that they have been approved with an RFE from early to mid november.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 6:51 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tmushen
I could stomp my feet all I want and type all night long to try and understand the process but it all comes down to I miss my wife.
t,
The point I fail to see mentioned here is this:
It is where it is. You can fight the system all the way, or you can work with what 'is" to get your desired result. Does making 'them' wrong forward your cause?

You were in Turkey 2X before July getting your wife's signatures. Turkey has been quite accomodating with non-resident DCF; you could have sumitted your I-130 then and there and be that much closer to done.

You're mad because USCIS staff treat you like you should know what's going on. PR status and a Natz application "should be" something you would know about. Yes, it adds another layer of processing (matching up existing files). Your case is *not* like everyone else's. Your rebuttal is that there have been "no" approvals of RFEs since (fill in the date). I hate to break it to you, but not everyone who files petitions with USCIS frequents the timeline tracking sites or posts to this NG. There was a couple recently whose application was put into Fraud Investigation. Maybe one pile of applications was pulled for a routine investigation? Maybe yours was among them?

"Security checks", however lame, weak, slow or unnecessary are a matter of fact. Turkey is one of 'those' countries. It doesn't require a Master's Degree to know it might take longer (saying that, I've met 3 Turkish young men in the past year who came here on IVs via DCF and it never took more than 6 weeks).

You see conspiracy with the lost G-325s. I'll admit it's weird, but I'd be looking at your attorney's office first.

Some people would envy the resources you have available to you: an open ticket to your wife's country and a Consulate that does DCF. Even those not in the immigration chase might envy your ability to travel abroad at least 2X this year. Attitude is what I'm talking about.
Glass = half full or half empty?
You are stressing yourself into an early grave (from where you won't be able to join that advisory committee and speak to the people who can do something for the 'management problems'!)

All best wishes,
meauxna

PS: pleeeeease resize your picture; it's way too big for the pages/bandwidth here.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by meauxna
t,
The point I fail to see mentioned here is this:
It is where it is. You can fight the system all the way, or you can work with what 'is" to get your desired result. Does making 'them' wrong forward your cause?

You were in Turkey 2X before July getting your wife's signatures. Turkey has been quite accomodating with non-resident DCF; you could have sumitted your I-130 then and there and be that much closer to done.

You're mad because USCIS staff treat you like you should know what's going on. PR status and a Natz application "should be" something you would know about. Yes, it adds another layer of processing (matching up existing files). Your case is *not* like everyone else's. Your rebuttal is that there have been "no" approvals of RFEs since (fill in the date). I hate to break it to you, but not everyone who files petitions with USCIS frequents the timeline tracking sites or posts to this NG. There was a couple recently whose application was put into Fraud Investigation. Maybe one pile of applications was pulled for a routine investigation? Maybe yours was among them?

"Security checks", however lame, weak, slow or unnecessary are a matter of fact. Turkey is one of 'those' countries. It doesn't require a Master's Degree to know it might take longer (saying that, I've met 3 Turkish young men in the past year who came here on IVs via DCF and it never took more than 6 weeks).

You see conspiracy with the lost G-325s. I'll admit it's weird, but I'd be looking at your attorney's office first.

Some people would envy the resources you have available to you: an open ticket to your wife's country and a Consulate that does DCF. Even those not in the immigration chase might envy your ability to travel abroad at least 2X this year. Attitude is what I'm talking about.
Glass = half full or half empty?
You are stressing yourself into an early grave (from where you won't be able to join that advisory committee and speak to the people who can do something for the 'management problems'!)

All best wishes,
meauxna

PS: pleeeeease resize your picture; it's way too big for the pages/bandwidth here.
Maybe your right, maybe I have a bad lawyer, maybe I didn't send the G325-A, maybe I am complaining too much and venting too much. I guess I will just check my case status in a year from now. Don't worry about he picture I am deleting in now.

By the way the bad lawyer advised against the DCF because of teh green card history he felt that that the application would have still be sent to the US for processing for this reason.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:02 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

tmushen,

I haven't seen my husband in 7 months so I know exactly what you're going through.

I know you're frustrated but that was a very immature reply. Meaunxa took the time to address you in a thoughtful and mature way. She has been reading your thread and came to the same conclusion that many of us came to. Your attitude is hurting you more than the visa process.

If this is how you deal with the folks at the service centers or the embassy, you're in for a long hard haul.

Leslie

Maybe your right, maybe I have a bad lawyer, maybe I didn't send the G325-A, maybe I am complaining too much and venting too much. I guess I will just check my case status in a year from now. Don't worry about he picture I am deleting in now.

By the way the bad lawyer advised against the DCF because of teh green card history he felt that that the application would have still be sent to the US for processing for this reason.

Last edited by Leslie; Dec 18th 2003 at 8:20 am.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Leslie66
tmushen,

I haven't seen my husband in 7 months so I know exactly what you're going through.

I know your frustrated but that was a very immature reply. Meaunxa took the time to address you in a thoughtful and mature way. She has been reading your thread and came to the same conclusion that many of us came to. Your attitude is hurting you more than the visa process.

If this is how you deal with the folks at the service centers or the embassy, you're in for a long hard haul.

Leslie
I apologize for the complaining I have done. Obviously I don't deal with the Service Cneters like that and I thought this is a place we could vent and maybe learn somthing about the process. Like I said I just miss my wife and from now on I will read more than post. It's not immature because I feel hurt just like everyone else who miss their loves ones and I guess my complaining is not worth it. I am not expecting the process to go faster by complaining. Posting here makes me feel better while I have to wait. When I post when will the RFE's be approved I am hoping to see someone say yes I have been approved today. This makes me feel like we are getting closer. Whether that is reality or not who knows but at least I have hope.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:35 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Posting here makes me feel better while I have to wait.

It makes us all feel better. Now put that picture back up . You have a lot of friends here who are pulling for you.

Leslie
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:54 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

You have a lot of friends here who are pulling for you.

Leslie
Including me :-) (as far as pulling for you... as for the photo, do what you think is best).
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

It makes us all feel better. Now put that picture back up . You have a lot of friends here who are pulling for you.

Leslie
Thanks I am truly sorry and impatient. I will resize the picture when I get home.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:59 am
WTF?

Thanks I am truly sorry and impatient. I will resize the picture when I get home.

Brilliant!!! That's "cool" in Britishspeak.