Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

When to open a provisional file??

Wikiposts

When to open a provisional file??

Old Dec 16th 2002, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to open a provisional file??

Hey everyone.. a K1er here.. waiting on good old NSC!

We got our first NOA dated Oct 17th 2002. Now I know its gonna be a while before that second NOA comes along, soooo. It seems to help if you can open a privisional file at the Embassy that will be doing your K1 visa interview (London in my case).

I wondered, when would be the best time to open a provisional file with the Embassy, seeing as it will be at least another 3 months before we will hear from NSC?
Old Dec 16th 2002, 11:43 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When to open a provisional file??

Originally posted by Karib
Hey everyone.. a K1er here.. waiting on good old NSC!

We got our first NOA dated Oct 17th 2002. Now I know its gonna be a while before that second NOA comes along, soooo. It seems to help if you can open a privisional file at the Embassy that will be doing your K1 visa interview (London in my case).

I wondered, when would be the best time to open a provisional file with the Embassy, seeing as it will be at least another 3 months before we will hear from NSC?
Hi!!!

It's up to you when you open the file, but they take around 3 weeks to get your details on the computer, and they also told me they do a mandatory security check, which can take up to a month to complete. (But I'm not sure if they mean the one they do in the States.)

They opened mine in mid October, and I ordered all my forms via email, explaining what I was applying for, and got them in the post 2 days later. I wouldn't recommend hand-writing a request, unless you're submitting forms. They seem to be rather slow with replying to requests for forms. Email's the way to go!!! If you need the address, it's:

[email protected]

Good luck!!!!!!
Kate. xxxx
Old Dec 16th 2002, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point

shoot...i emailed them and asked them to send my fiance packet 3 and gave them the address, and all the response i got was..."the forms are available on-line" ok. so, i guess he wont get a packet. i figure if he send in the bio sheet and DS156 & DS-156k, they will send him the rest. i just wanted to know if there was something else for him to know.

mandy
Old Dec 17th 2002, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.. didnt want to jump the gun too early with opening a provisional file with the Embassy here as it could be Spring 2003 (aah!!) before Nebraska gets to the October petitions. But u never know...