Wikiposts

When to expect EAD...

Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all
Default When to expect EAD...

Hi,

We have our AOS interview scheduled for late February. I have a question about when do my husband get EAD or work authorization stamp. We filed with our AOS application... and my husband got fingerprinted about 3 weeks ago. Does it some before or after interview? I am confuse about that... He has a job offer and we are debating what to do now... because his temp I-94 expires in 20 days. and AOS interview is in 5 weeks.Can we get that renewed or a temp EAD in the meanwhile?
I know these questions have probably been asked before but thanks for any responses and advice....

Thanks a lot!

Sanna
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to expect EAD...

Originally Posted by carpdiem
Hi,

We have our AOS interview scheduled for late February. I have a question about when do my husband get EAD or work authorization stamp. We filed with our AOS application... and my husband got fingerprinted about 3 weeks ago. Does it some before or after interview? I am confuse about that... He has a job offer and we are debating what to do now... because his temp I-94 expires in 20 days. and AOS interview is in 5 weeks.Can we get that renewed or a temp EAD in the meanwhile?
I know these questions have probably been asked before but thanks for any responses and advice....

Thanks a lot!

Sanna
Hi Sanna,

Wow...the AOS interview came up so fast! The EAD has nothing to do with the AOS interview. If you filed I-765 for EAD along with your AOS package, it seems to be taking about 3 months or so to get the EAD card. In our own experience, Sadegh's EAD card came in the mail about 3 weeks after his biometrics appointment.

You said he got fingerprinted 3 weeks ago. Was that the 10-digit scan for AOS, or the 1-digit scan plus photo for EAD, or both?

Once you have your AOS approval (which may or may not happen the same day as the interview), your husband won't need the EAD anymore. The green card carries work authorization with it.

If 90 days has passed since the NOA date for the EAD, he could try making an Infopass appointment to get the interim EAD if he hasn't gotten his card in the mail by then.

Best Wishes,
Rene