Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What is a 'Vaccination Supplement'?

Wikiposts

What is a 'Vaccination Supplement'?

Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:20 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is a 'Vaccination Supplement'?

What exactly is this "vaccination supplement" I read about for a K-1 adjusting status (on the AOS form)?

Is this supplement an actual form, or is it the vaccination record (from the K-1 med exam) in the sealed envelope from the Consulate, which is now with the BCIS? If not, how do we get it?

Thanks!

Juliet
Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is a 'Vaccination Supplement'?

Originally posted by jcapulet
What exactly is this "vaccination supplement" I read about for a K-1 adjusting status (on the AOS form)?

Is this supplement an actual form, or is it the vaccination record (from the K-1 med exam) in the sealed envelope from the Consulate, which is now with the BCIS? If not, how do we get it?

Thanks!

Juliet
it is the same you got at the k-1 medical. but the form is a little bit differant. usually you dont get the supplement needed for aos. but if you have your vaccination records you can get the supplement at any bcis approved civil surgeon and send it with the aos. the cost differs from $10-$50 depending on doc. but still way cheaper than a new medical.

hope that helps
Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:44 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Duckie,

Thanks for the info.

Does this mean we could get the medical examiner from Canada (who did Cory's med for the K-1) to fax the vaccintion record to our doctor's office? Sorry, I am still confused about what the actual 'form' is.

Hehe... I can see already that AOS paperwork is going to be a biiiiiig headache...

Juliet
Old Jun 20th 2003, 9:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is a 'Vaccination Supplement'?

Juliet,

The Vaccination Supplement is the vaccination form that was completed as part of the K1 medical exam. You should have gotten a copy of it from the doctor at the time.

You can find a copy of the form here:
<http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/nycshyg...25_01-2001.pdf>

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by jcapulet

Thanks!

Juliet
Old Jun 20th 2003, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vacination Supplement

I must be a bad paper collector... because I don't recall having this form when I had my medical in Toronto... Unless it was in the Brown Envelope... but then BCIS would have it... I have a note from my doctor advising that I am up to date with my immunization. Is that sufficient? Or how would I go about getting this form again?
Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:22 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vacination Supplement

eiloo,

You've got a lot of company - it seems that many people don't get a copy of their vaccination suppplement at their medical exam. I don't know how they resolve this problem.

My wife did get a copy of her vaccination supplement, she sent it in with her I-485, and that was all that was needed medically for her AOS. So for those readers who are still pre-medical in their K1 process - ask for a copy of your vaccination supplement at your medical exam. It may save you some time and money later on.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by eiloo
I must be a bad paper collector... because I don't recall having this form when I had my medical in Toronto... Unless it was in the Brown Envelope... but then BCIS would have it... I have a note from my doctor advising that I am up to date with my immunization. Is that sufficient? Or how would I go about getting this form again?
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:00 pm
finally home with thing1

thing2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have this form, provided by Dr Phelan after my K-1 medical.

However, I don't have the Varicella. If I get it from a US doctor, do I just need to show my record of having it at the AOS interview ?
Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice

The I-693 was in the brown envelope that you turned in at the POE, for forwarding to your local BCIS office. To get the Supplement to the I-693, find a Civil Surgeon through the BCIS website, or by searching Google.com. You will need to bring your International Record of Vaccination with you so that the CS can verify that you had the appropriate shots. All he does is look through that document, and sign a form letter (the Supplement to the I-693). The CS charged us $25 for that. The original Supplement is put in an envelope and sealed. It MUST NOT be opened, and is one of the I-485 attachments. The CS gives you a photo copy for your records.