Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What type of picture for AOS USC-spouse?

Wikiposts

What type of picture for AOS USC-spouse?

Old May 25th 2004, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Epitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to all
Default What type of picture for AOS USC-spouse?

On my generic AOS required documents to bring to the interview, it is requesting a photo of me (the USC). I am not sure of what type of picture, (visa type, or adit type) Anyone who has used the SF or any other district office, please shine some light my way. As of now, I have compiled all documents for the interview as follows:

*complete I-129F packet
*I693 sealed copy (husband)
*Copy of I797 approval for I-129F
*Biometrics worksheet
*copy of I-94 and copy of EAD

Marriage License (copy)
Copy of my birth certificate
Employment letter (myself and husband)
Lease (husband and me listed)
2001-2003 tax returns (last one married filing joint for 2003)
CALpers document listing my husband as beneficiary
Sonogram of our little bundle of joy.
Bank statement (joint)
Pics from wedding.
Copy of my husband's son's birth certificate.

(a liter of blood from my mother,father and an a friend who is AB+)

Am I missing anything else.
Old May 25th 2004, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What type of picture for AOS USC-spouse?

Epitomee - how ARE you doing (-: How are you feeling - when are you due again?

I'm in NY - jealous-your-interview-is-around-the-corner-becuase-being-in-NY-automatically-means-youre-banished-to-the-AOS-blackhole-hell-wait-of-YEARS - so I'm not sure what exactly the photo requirement is.

Here's a thought though: just get both ADIT style and passport visa style. They're bound to take one out of the two. Hopefully, as in NY where I get my photos done, they cost is relatively minimal ...

Take care.

Originally posted by Epitomee2000
On my generic AOS required documents to bring to the interview, it is requesting a photo of me (the USC). I am not sure of what type of picture, (visa type, or adit type) Anyone who has used the SF or any other district office, please shine some light my way. As of now, I have compiled all documents for the interview as follows:

*complete I-129F packet
*Biometrics worksheet

Marriage License (copy)
Bank statement (joint)
Pics from wedding.

Old May 25th 2004, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Is SF different from other offices in that they require a photo of the USC spouse?? We're getting together our AOS paperwork so we can file it next Tuesday. I saw nothing in our paperwork (which I ordered from USCIS) that says we have to include photos of the USC.

I don't mind getting mine done, but I just didn't see anything that states it's needed. What form did you read this on? My hubby also entered on a K1.

Cheers,
Jamie

Originally posted by Epitomee2000

*complete I-129F packet
*Biometrics worksheet

Marriage License (copy)
Bank statement (joint)
Pics from wedding.

Old May 25th 2004, 5:54 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I have my appointment checklist for the AOS interview in front of me and can't find any reference to a photo needed by the USC.

It does say Passport and photo identification (State driver's license or State identification card), that's all.

What does it say on your appointment checklist?
Old May 25th 2004, 5:56 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Is SF different from other offices in that they require a photo of the USC spouse?? We're getting together our AOS paperwork so we can file it next Tuesday. I saw nothing in our paperwork (which I ordered from USCIS) that says we have to include photos of the USC.

I don't mind getting mine done, but I just didn't see anything that states it's needed. What form did you read this on? My hubby also entered on a K1.

Cheers,
Jamie
Jamie,
I think the OP was talking about gathering documentation for the AOS *interview*, not for the filing.

I didn't send a picture of myself when Mr. P. sent in his AOS application. I think you're safe.

~SecretGarden
Old May 25th 2004, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Jamie,
I think the OP was talking about gathering documentation for the AOS *interview*, not for the filing.

I didn't send a picture of myself when Mr. P. sent in his AOS application. I think you're safe.

~SecretGarden
~duh~ Guess I should learn to read the keywords..Thanks for that one SG..

Jamie
Old May 25th 2004, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Epitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to all

Cheers,
Jamie
It comes with your AOS appointment letter which gives you a list of all of the stuff to bring. I am going to get the ADIT/Passport type photo just in case. The letter is so generic, I think this is another instance of BCIS jerking the chain a little.
Old May 25th 2004, 6:21 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

~duh~ Guess I should learn to read the keywords..Thanks for that one SG..

Jamie
No problem....I know how this process can make one a bit *skittish*......

~SG
Old May 25th 2004, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by janadeen
Epitomee - how ARE you doing (-: How are you feeling - when are you due again?

I'm in NY - jealous-your-interview-is-around-the-corner-becuase-being-in-NY-automatically-means-youre-banished-to-the-AOS-blackhole-hell-wait-of-YEARS - so I'm not sure what exactly the photo requirement is.

Here's a thought though: just get both ADIT style and passport visa style. They're bound to take one out of the two. Hopefully, as in NY where I get my photos done, they cost is relatively minimal ...

Take care.
Hey, long time no hear. I am doing well, the baby is active and this is month nine for us. Friday is also my last day of work. I was about to put in for my husband's AP when his AOS appointment letter arrived. I figure that if he does not get the stamp at the interview, we will just file the AP pending the GC. I know, big waste of money, but he wants to go home to Jamaica to check on his son.

My due date is June 21, 2004. The ironic thing is that our AOS interview is June 14,2004. I have this nightmare of me going into labor while being interviewed of our bonifide marriage. I guess the interviewer will know this is a bonifide marriage when I start screaming curses at Mr. Epitomee2000 for the pain..nothing like a rousing argument to let people know that your are truly married. (dysfunction -

I know that soon, you guys will get your interview, but think of it like this, if they go past 2 years from you anniversary, at least you can get your 10 year GC...we still have to remove conditions after this is done..

and the visa journey continues.
Old May 28th 2004, 7:33 am
Brenda Ballard

HI
Is the 693 the medical.....and how recent does this have to be......and
what is the 797?

BB/Harold

Old May 28th 2004, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Brenda Ballard
HI
Is the 693 the medical.....and how recent does this have to be......and
what is the 797?

BB/Harold
I-693 is the medical but because my husband came over on a K-1 visa, he only needed to fill out the vaccination supplement. The I-797 is the approval notice from our K-1 packet.
Old May 31st 2004, 6:35 am
Brenda Ballard

sorry , we are k/3 our 129 and 130 both have
been approved......now we are waiting for the 485 to be approved......my
husband went 3 weeks ago for fingerprinting this time both
hands and his picture made.........so online it stated that the
fingerprinting has been processed so we are awaiting to hear on the 485
in which I understand takes about 6 months......from Memphis, Tenn

Old May 31st 2004, 6:36 am
Brenda Ballard

thanks

Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

I have my interview on Thursday in Baltimore, and have just re-read the instructions and don't see any requirement for a photo of my wife as the USC. Am I missing something??

The only reference I see to photos is on the list on the front page where there is a checklist and the only two checked for us are
"The items listed on the attached sheet" (which has no reference to photos) and "Drivers License or other photo identification"

Thanks and good luck with the interview
Lee
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:52 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by leebarton
I have my interview on Thursday in Baltimore, and have just re-read the instructions and don't see any requirement for a photo of my wife as the USC. Am I missing something??
If you're missing something Lee then so am I!! My interview's at the end of the month and I can confirm that the checklist for Baltimore makes no reference to bringing any photos, as such, at all.

Good luck for Thursday and be sure to let us know how it goes, (trying to glean as much info as possible before mine)!

Best wishes

Tam