Wikiposts

what sort of income

Old Oct 28th 2010, 2:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what sort of income

Originally Posted by clemato
This is a very helpful thread!

For a K3/CR-1/IR-1 spouse to come to the USA, we only need the I-864. I was thinking we also needed the I-134.
Partially correct.

A CR-1/IR-1 spouse only needs the I-864.

If a K-3 is followed through, an I-134 is needed to obtain K-3, but then once in the USA and filing AOS, an I-864 is needed at that time.

K-1 and K-3 = non-immigrant visas = I-134
CR-1 and IR-1 = immigrant visas = I-864
Adjustment of Status = I-864

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2010, 2:41 am
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice

Thx Rene!

Gosh, I was getting so confused! It turns out we did do the K3/K4 because it will get him here faster, then we will request to adjust his status to permanent resident. So I do need to send in the I-134 and then when we adjust his status we send in the I-864.

Last edited by clemato; Oct 28th 2010 at 2:50 am.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 3:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thx Rene!

Gosh, I was getting so confused! It turns out we did do the K3/K4 because it will get him here faster, then we will request to adjust his status to permanent resident. So I do need to send in the I-134 and then when we adjust his status we send in the I-864.
clemato, I haven't looked back at your previous posts, so can you tell me how far along you are in the process?

If NVC receives an approved I-130 first, or they receive an approved I-130 and approved I-129F at the same time, they will toss out the I-129F and carry on with the Immigrant Visa processing anyway. So you may end up doing an Immigrant Visa, even though you submitted an I-129F for a K-3. Have you gone past the NVC stage with the I-129F yet?

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2010, 3:34 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thx Rene!

Not necessarily faster and a lot more expensive in the long run with a great many more hurdles to jump.

Unless you are living in a third world country, then you don't need to use an I-192F for the K-3 visa. The IR and K-3 are about equal in time length.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:31 am
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice

• Married this July in the UK
  • Sent I-130 in August with G-325s, photos, affidavit, etc.
  • Received receipt for the I-130
  • Sent I-129F as soon as we got the 797 receipt for the I-130
  • Received receipt for the I-129F
  • He spent under 90 days here on his VWP
  • He is back in the UK now

That's it so far.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:36 am

• Married this July in the UK
  • Sent I-130 in August with G-325s, photos, affidavit, etc.
  • Received receipt for the I-130
  • Sent I-129F as soon as we got the 797 receipt for the I-130
  • Received receipt for the I-129F
  • He spent under 90 days here on his VWP
  • He is back in the UK now

That's it so far.
Thanks. You'll just have to wait to hear from NVC to see whether they continued your K-3 process, or tossed it out in favor of the Immigrant Visa process. It could go either way for you right now.

Personally, I'd opt for notifying NVC that you don't want to do the K-3 at all, anyway. It's only slightly faster than the Immigrant Visa, and has the downside of having to adjust status once inside the USA.

Rene