Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What should we sign and not sign?

Wikiposts

What should we sign and not sign?

Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default What should I sign and not sign?

I am just curious to know when you send in the DS230 Part 1 should you sign that form or not???? It seems like you have to but I just wanted to double check.

And you do have to return the DS-156 & DS-156K with it don't you cos i keep hearing you keep all your documents till your interview. Getting confused here!

Thank You!

Last edited by whistlestop01; Dec 17th 2003 at 6:16 am.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:44 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What should I sign and not sign?

On the front page of packet 3 on top of the check list is says EXACTLY what must be returned and what must be signed or not. It's right at the top of the letter and not hard to miss. Follow those instructions and you shouldn't go wrong.

Jayne

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I am just curious to know when you send in the DS230 Part 1 should you sign that form or not???? It seems like you have to but I just wanted to double check.

And you do have to return the DS-156 & DS-156K with it don't you cos i keep hearing you keep all your documents till your interview. Getting confused here!

Thank You!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:48 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I signed and sent back the IV 15, (checklist) and also the DS-230 part 1.

The other two forms I kept hold of, unsigned, and took them with me to the Embassy.

That seemed to be ok as I got my visa!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

SugarKane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Russ&Jayne
On the front page of packet 3 on top of the check list is says EXACTLY what must be returned and what must be signed or not. It's right at the top of the letter and not hard to miss. Follow those instructions and you shouldn't go wrong.

Jayne
I am glad to hear that there are definite, clear instructions.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
I signed and sent back the IV 15, (checklist) and also the DS-230 part 1.

The other two forms I kept hold of, unsigned, and took them with me to the Embassy.

That seemed to be ok as I got my visa!
Thank You!! On the US Embassy website it says to return the DS156 and DS156K - thats wot confused me.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:56 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Thank You!! On the US Embassy website it says to return the DS156 and DS156K - thats wot confused me.
My packet 3 from London told me to return DS156 and DS156K. Yours should say the same.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:22 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Russ&Jayne
My packet 3 from London told me to return DS156 and DS156K. Yours should say the same.
It did - I didn't but it wasn't held against me, no one said a word about it and I received an appointment two days after the Embassy got my two forms.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
It did - I didn't but it wasn't held against me, no one said a word about it and I received an appointment two days after the Embassy got my two forms.

My fiance's letter said to send in the DS156 and the DS156K unsigned. He did. Then when he got to the interview the woman who took his documents told him that his forms weren't there. He told her that he had sent them in, she then told him that he shouldn't have done that. He then proceeded to pull out his copy of the checklist and point out the instructions that clearly stated that he was to mail them to the embassy. Regardless she said they didn't have them and made him fill out another set.

When he finally went up for his interviewer the interviewer asked him why he had an extra set of all his forms. My fiance explained what had happened with the woman earlier and the immirgration officer just rolled his eyes.

It seems like you can do anything you want with those forms as long as at the interview you have them and can sign them infront of the officer.

Maybe you're only supposed to mail them on the 3rd Thursday of the month, but only if it is before the new moon, otherwise they are only to be sent on the second Wednesday of the month. I swear there sometimes seems to be no rhyme or reason to some of these things

MarDae
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by MarDae
My fiance's letter said to send in the DS156 and the DS156K unsigned. He did. Then when he got to the interview the woman who took his documents told him that his forms weren't there. He told her that he had sent them in, she then told him that he shouldn't have done that. He then proceeded to pull out his copy of the checklist and point out the instructions that clearly stated that he was to mail them to the embassy. Regardless she said they didn't have them and made him fill out another set.

When he finally went up for his interviewer the interviewer asked him why he had an extra set of all his forms. My fiance explained what had happened with the woman earlier and the immirgration officer just rolled his eyes.

It seems like you can do anything you want with those forms as long as at the interview you have them and can sign them infront of the officer.

Maybe you're only supposed to mail them on the 3rd Thursday of the month, but only if it is before the new moon, otherwise they are only to be sent on the second Wednesday of the month. I swear there sometimes seems to be no rhyme or reason to some of these things

MarDae
lmao.................i wonder if they know what they are doing.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:23 am
Former Blonde

LOLOL Chances are that, throughout the system, the left hand sure as hell has no idea what the right hand's up to!!
It certainly appears that way to me with all these reports from petitioners and their S/O's.

Best of luck to you all

Tam