British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   What Service Centre to file I-129F (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/what-service-centre-file-i-129f-856189/)

scottyvisa Apr 10th 2015 9:37 pm

What Service Centre to file I-129F

Hi All,

Almost ready for my Fiancee to submit the I-129f and associated forms. I'm a little confused because most places say submit to the Service Centre which has jurisdiction over your area (in our case this would be Vermont) but on the Website (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) | USCIS) it says it should go to Texas. Obviously want to send it to the right place, and Vermont seems to have quicker processing times.

As always, your help is appreciated

Scotty

BunnyGirl Apr 11th 2015 12:22 am

Re: What Service Centre to file I-129F

Originally Posted by scottyvisa (Post 11616028)
Hi All,

Almost ready for my Fiancee to submit the I-129f and associated forms. I'm a little confused because most places say submit to the Service Centre which has jurisdiction over your area (in our case this would be Vermont) but on the Website (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) | USCIS) it says it should go to Texas. Obviously want to send it to the right place, and Vermont seems to have quicker processing times.

As always, your help is appreciated

Scotty

You don't get to choose. All I129F petitions MUST be submitted to the Dallas Lockbox. The petition will then be forwarded to whichever service centre they choose, you can't affect this at all.

ScottUK1990 Apr 11th 2015 9:56 am

Hopefully they just send them to the least busy place... I dont quite understand the processing times but I thought texas and california were quicker (5 months rather than a 'last form processed' date). Fingers crossed anyway!
We just sent our forms off as well, so probably looking at a similar time frame to you!

ian-mstm Apr 11th 2015 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by ScottUK1990 (Post 11616285)
I dont quite understand the processing times but I thought texas and california were quicker (5 months rather than a 'last form processed' date).

Everyone wants their paperwork processed as quickly as possible. Once upon a time, processing times weren't publicly available. People just mailed their forms and then waited. You know what? Stuff got processed and people didn't care that it took 4 months or 6... because they didn't know any better. Nowadays, people get totally pissed off when one center takes 4 or 5 weeks longer than another center and then ask why their forms were sent to the slower center - as though it was some great conspiracy against them. IMO, people were happier when they simply didn't know!

Ian

BunnyGirl Apr 11th 2015 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by ScottUK1990 (Post 11616285)
Hopefully they just send them to the least busy place... I dont quite understand the processing times but I thought texas and california were quicker (5 months rather than a 'last form processed' date). Fingers crossed anyway!
We just sent our forms off as well, so probably looking at a similar time frame to you!

It used to be based on where the petitioner lived, not sure if that's still the case. At any rate it really doesn't matter. Yes, it's frustrating to have to wait but we've all been through it and survived, you will too!

scottyvisa Apr 11th 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks everyone, just wanted to be sure we were sending it to the right place. I'll be patient (I say that now!).