Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What a roller coaster ride

What a roller coaster ride

Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a roller coaster ride

Im having at the moment! Got back to US 3 weeks ago after visiting sick mother in UK. Got call last friday that she had taken turn for the worse and I should come back...
Got flight back Sunday and am back in UK now!!! Mum is up and down in hospital but praying she improves

Meanwhile ive been across the pond so many times I could fly the plane myself now I think!!

Great flight by the way to Newcastle via Amsterdam on KLM - not a bad last min deal from San Fran.

It truly is the curse of the expat ---the phone call in the middle of the night!! Peace and love and hope you never have it..
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a roller coaster ride

All the best to your mum!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

All the best to your mum!
Thanks Bob!!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:23 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Im having at the moment! Got back to US 3 weeks ago after visiting sick mother in UK. Got call last friday that she had taken turn for the worse and I should come back...
Got flight back Sunday and am back in UK now!!! Mum is up and down in hospital but praying she improves

Meanwhile ive been across the pond so many times I could fly the plane myself now I think!!

Great flight by the way to Newcastle via Amsterdam on KLM - not a bad last min deal from San Fran.

It truly is the curse of the expat ---the phone call in the middle of the night!! Peace and love and hope you never have it..
I am living it right now as well so I know what you are going through.
Hope she pulls through alright!!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:24 am
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you are going through this - I just recently got a call from the Hull police that they had found my father after he had unexpectadly passed away. It sucks been so far away Makes you think about life in a whole different way.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I am living it right now as well so I know what you are going through.
Hope she pulls through alright!!
Thank you and really sorry you are going thro it as well. Are you in UK? Hope all goes well with you and yours
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moi
Sorry you are going through this - I just recently got a call from the Hull police that they had found my father after he had unexpectadly passed away. It sucks been so far away Makes you think about life in a whole different way.
Really sorry for your loss and that mustve been some phone call you had
Yep its hard being on t'other side of the world
I seem to be on this side at the moment just as much
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:17 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you and really sorry you are going thro it as well. Are you in UK? Hope all goes well with you and yours
No in Cali waiting on test results I posted in the "I am feeling a little down today thread"

Thank you
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:42 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

A sad fact of life. This is a part of why why the husband & I moved over the Pond--just got so tired of the phone calls & then the mad scrambles for flights. Always being too far away to help much when a crisis happened . . . until it was suddenly too late.

Now we're in the US & all the older relatives are disappointingly fine here, haha! No one is at all ill or in a muddle or anything. (Of course next it'll be the London rellies who'll need us . . . .)
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My heart goes out to you. I went through something similar with my mum 2 years ago. I spent a month in the UK...returned to the US for a few days...then got a call from my sister...I was on the plane home within a couple of hours.

That was the 3rd time in 12 months I'd had to do that...first was when my father died...then 5 weeks later my FIL died.

((((((Hugs))))))
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing your mother, a speedy recovery.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Love to CAdreaming and all in the same boat xx
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
No in Cali waiting on test results I posted in the "I am feeling a little down today thread"

Thank you
I caught up with your thread - for you and your mum
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My heart goes out to you. I went through something similar with my mum 2 years ago. I spent a month in the UK...returned to the US for a few days...then got a call from my sister...I was on the plane home within a couple of hours.

That was the 3rd time in 12 months I'd had to do that...first was when my father died...then 5 weeks later my FIL died.

((((((Hugs))))))
Thank you - wow that was very hard for you!!!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by frrussre
Wishing your mother, a speedy recovery.

Reg. Frank R.
Much appreciated Reg. Fran R!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.