Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What a roller coaster ride

What a roller coaster ride

Old Jun 10th 2012, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a roller coaster ride

I'm so sorry to hear of your mums passing, but I am glad you got to be with her to see her on her way.

All the best to you and yours.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
After 10 long weeks mum passed peacefully away earlier today. It was a blessing to spend the time with her looking after. She was a wonderful mum and made it to her 85th birthday yesterday.
Sleep well my darling mum
Hugs to you honey..take carexxx
Old Jun 10th 2012, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I just wanted to chim in after getting an email alert about this thread......My heart is with you girl, I am going to England again on Thursday moving back to be with my Mum and putting my life on hold, what ever pain you are feeling I feel it for you.....God Bless
Safe trip honey. Take care, catch up with you soon xxxx
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear about you mum's passing CA dreaming, thinking of you xx
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:47 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: What a roller coaster ride

So sorry to hear your sad news. I'm sure your dear mum was comforted by having you by her side. ((((hugs))))
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear the sad news - my condolences to you.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:14 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Bless your heart, it has indeed been a roller coaster. My condolences!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit late to this thread but condolences to you and yours. I know the situation having been through it last month. At least in my case mom popped off quick. 6 days after I arrived and she was gone. In many ways I was glad it didn't drag out longer. 10 weeks is a long time to be in Old Blighty under such conditions. I suspect the Carvery will be missing you
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences to you and your family

Glad you were able to spend her last days together though.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to read about your Mum but glad to see you managed to spend a lot of time with her at the end.
Going through this sort of thing with my Mum who lives in France who is only 72. Noticed last September, when we visited that she had deteriorated considerably in the year since we had last visited. Now she is having memory lost, balance issues and since Wednesday, a bad back. She has my Dad as support but he is not in good health plus he doesn't drive or speak French. Now the quandary is how long do I wait before I step in as they are so determined to be independent but they live in the middle of nowhere Next 10 days might give some answers, hope so, although I am not sure they are understanding completely what the doctors are saying. As I said my Dad doesn't speak any French and Mum's not great. Oh, boy what a pickle,as I don't speak French either!

Doesn't help that my 2 sisters who live the closest, have no inclination to step in to help but myself and my other sister both live thousands of miles away are worried sick and would be over there in an instant. At least they get good health care in France which is some consolation.
Again sorry to hear about your Mum.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:46 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news. It must have been a very tough 10 weeks, but I'm bet your mum appreciated it, and I'm sure in years to come, you will be thankful you made it for that time.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:49 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your Mum, glad you got to spend the last few weeks with her.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:42 am
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure it meant the world to your Mum that you were able to spend those last weeks together.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry that your mum has passed, but as others have said, having that time with her is precious. I think we all would wish to be able to do that for our folks too. Best wishes. xox
Old Jun 13th 2012, 4:39 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
After 10 long weeks mum passed peacefully away earlier today. It was a blessing to spend the time with her looking after. She was a wonderful mum and made it to her 85th birthday yesterday.
Sleep well my darling mum
Very sorry for your loss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.