Wikiposts

What is the process?

Old Jul 11th 2010, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

AlistairL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the process?

So what are the actual steps and typical waiting times for gaining an immigrant visa?

I'm just curious to what actually happens each step of the way.

Thanks
Old Jul 11th 2010, 3:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the process?

Originally Posted by AlistairL
So what are the actual steps and typical waiting times for gaining an immigrant visa?

I'm just curious to what actually happens each step of the way.

Thanks
You should to let us know your complete story each time you have a question, so we don't have to look up your old posts to remember, please.

You and your USC wife are both living in the UK, correct? And your wife has lived there in some kind of permanent status for more than 6 months, correct?

If so, read this link for the details you're looking for:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-130_Filed_In_London

After reading, come on back with any questions, but if you start a new thread, make sure everyone knows you are doing DCF.

Thanks,
Rene
Old Jul 11th 2010, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

AlistairL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You should to let us know your complete story each time you have a question, so we don't have to look up your old posts to remember, please.

You and your USC wife are both living in the UK, correct? And your wife has lived there in some kind of permanent status for more than 6 months, correct?

If so, read this link for the details you're looking for:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-130_Filed_In_London

After reading, come on back with any questions, but if you start a new thread, make sure everyone knows you are doing DCF.

Thanks,
Rene
OK thanks.

My wife is on a spousal visa and has been for 16 months. She isn't considered a permanent resident.

Not sure if this makes a difference.

Last edited by AlistairL; Jul 11th 2010 at 3:36 am.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 4:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlistairL
OK thanks.

My wife is on a spousal visa and has been for 16 months. She isn't considered a permanent resident.

Not sure if this makes a difference.
Being there on her spousal visa is enough to be able to file the I-130 in the UK, as far as I know.

If, for whatever reason, they do not accept it there in the UK, they will return everything to you and ask you to file in the USA. If that's the case, the process is a little different and will take about 8 to 10 months.

But I think she'll be OK filing in the UK.

Rene
Old Jul 11th 2010, 4:31 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Please read the link for DFC in London at the start of the forum.