Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What is the next step after 1st NOA from CSC?

What is the next step after 1st NOA from CSC?

Old Dec 10th 2002, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Amo mi Británico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the next step after 1st NOA from CSC?

Hi Everyone-

I have some questions on what my finace and I should do next to help expedite the process of him coming to San Francisco from London.

Here is our timeline so far:

I-129f application mailed to CSC---11/8/02
1st NOA-------------------------------11/13/02

I've heard of people requesting some papers to fill out which I believe you can download from the US Embassy site in London to open a provisional file. Is this correct? What forms are people sending in?

What can he do on the UK side, and what can I do on the US side to get the process moving as quickly as possible? We want to be married on Valentine's Day.

I guess the ultimate, main question I have is what is the next step after having received the 1st NOA to get the ball rolling? I don't want to waste any time and want to make sure we are doing things right!

Thanks so much for your time everyone!!!
Old Dec 10th 2002, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Your fiancee can download the relevant forms which are sent in Packet 3 from the Embassy, or email them ([email protected]) and ask for the forms relevant to a K1. When he has all the documents required (shown on the forms) he can send them off to the Embassy with a request to open a provisional file (from your previous post it seems that the Police cert is likely to take longest).

For your part, I think the only thing you can do is to prepare the Affadavit of Support and mail it off to him (together with the evidence (e.g. 3 years' tax returns and notarised letter from your employer). He will need that at his interview.

I dont want to sound discouraging, but a wedding on Valentine's day may not prove possible, . At least, I wouldnt commit to any expenditure for that specific day just yet.
Old Dec 10th 2002, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much Abba! I know that a Valentine's Day wedding may not be entirely probable, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed. I just want my English Knight in shining armor to be with me now.

Thanks again!!!

Originally posted by abba48uk
Your fiancee can download the relevant forms which are sent in Packet 3 from the Embassy, or email them ([email protected]) and ask for the forms relevant to a K1. When he has all the documents required (shown on the forms) he can send them off to the Embassy with a request to open a provisional file (from your previous post it seems that the Police cert is likely to take longest).

For your part, I think the only thing you can do is to prepare the Affadavit of Support and mail it off to him (together with the evidence (e.g. 3 years' tax returns and notarised letter from your employer). He will need that at his interview.

I dont want to sound discouraging, but a wedding on Valentine's day may not prove possible, . At least, I wouldnt commit to any expenditure for that specific day just yet.
Old Dec 10th 2002, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Hi

Hi, we only seem to be about a week apart.
Our NOA is dated November 5, 2002.
We opened a provisional file for London earlier this month and are awaiting the 2nd NOA - Approval from the California Service Center.

Your posting caught my eye, because I'm also in the SF Bay Area and we too are thinking of getting married in February. Have you made any arrangements? I'm sure Valentine's Day will be popular. I wonder if Don Blue from Star FM still does his Valentine Day ceremony.

Anyway, you received excellent advice from Abba48uk so I don't think there is anything I can add to it.

Good luck and let me know how your plans are coming along

Kat
Old Dec 10th 2002, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point

hey...i too am a bay area folk. its nice to know you all are so close. we can compare our stories

i'll keep an eye out for your future posts.
sandy

PS. how long did it take to get your first NOA in the mail? just wondering when i should look out for it.

Last edited by sandy- pie; Dec 10th 2002 at 8:14 am.
Old Dec 10th 2002, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by sandy- pie
hey...i too am a bay area folk. its nice to know you all are so close. we can compare our stories

i'll keep an eye out for your future posts.
sandy

PS. how long did it take to get your first NOA in the mail? just wondering when i should look out for it.
Hi,

I sent mine in on 10/24/02. INS received it on 10/31/02. The NOA receipt date says 11/5/02 and I received the NOA on 11/8/02.

My fiance opened up his provisional file in London. We found out on 12/02/02. I've read other posts that have about a 6 week timeline for CSC 2nd NOA- Approval. Not sure if that's average or these people are lucky, but I'm kinda hoping that it's the norm.

I'm in Fremont, CA and my fiance is from Middlesbrough, England. However, he's visiting for 2 weeks and then we're flying to England together later this month. We are hoping that the approval will come soon and wouldn't it be great if I was in England for the interview. Wishfull thinking.

We should definitely keep each other posted on our progress, glad to know there are a few other locals out there.

Take care,

Kat
Old Dec 10th 2002, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Currently I live in Oakland and am moving to San Francisco in January or February. I work in SF. My sweetheart lives in London. Good to know there are other Baby area folk sharing the same experience and with similar timelines!

Thanks all for your responses. They are much appreciated.