Wikiposts

What next.........?

Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

coops9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What next.........?

Hello All,
Your advice to this point has been invaluable, I am just a little curious if something in my application is not quite right? USC wife living here in UK with me, filed I-130, DCF through London 19th of June for me to go to the US, received email confirmation... have now received a letter stating that this part of the process has been completed and I received a receipt for the payment but nothing else? I was expecting a 'pack' to complete the rest of the process but this was not with the letter.... I was thinking that I would send in a DS-230 and the 'I'm ready for interview' letter but I have not been given any kind of reference number which I am assuming I would need..... Just hoping someone could tell me there experiences of this process as we are hoping to move asap.

Thanks Again.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What next.........?

The notification of I-130 approval is "NOA2" (Notice of action 2).

The pack with your DS-230 part 1 and notification of readiness for interview forms comes in a week or so, you will find that it's generally referred to as "packet 3" rather than NOA3.

Just wait for packet 3 to arrive then you can start the next bit.

See my timeline if you wish for some approx timescales for the rest of the process.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
The notification of I-130 approval is "NOA2" (Notice of action 2).

The pack with your DS-230 part 1 and notification of readiness for interview forms comes in a week or so, you will find that it's generally referred to as "packet 3" rather than NOA3.

Just wait for packet 3 to arrive then you can start the next bit.

See my timeline if you wish for some approx timescales for the rest of the process.
Thanks British Guy, put my mind a little more at ease... you say you mailed in your packet 3 and booked your medical on the same day? How did you know what date your Visa interview would be as you planned the medical for the day before? Do you have the 'sight'? :-) Do they send you details of the Doctors you can book with the pack 3? I didn't realise I had more question until I started typing :-)
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically I just guessed at a date for the medical and booked it, because on the forms you send back to the embassy there is a space for date of medical and I didn't want to leave it blank just in case that might cause an issue.

Once I got the interview date through I just called the doctor's and rearranged the medical for the day before, then I'd only have one trip to London with an overnight stay in between the medical and visa interview.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ahhh.... good old scientific guess work.. Thanks for the info, I'll probably do the same.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

goatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nice

FYI I had my medical before I'd even booked my visa appointment.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

I'm going to have to fly over from Northern Ireland so I'd like to try and time it on one trip....... but I appreciate the help.