Wikiposts

What are my options?

Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What are my options?

Originally Posted by Chip Powers
Ok. So everyone on this forum probably has heard these questions a million times before.

I am 30 and based in the UK. I met my fiancée on the internet back in May 2006 and we are looking to be together. She is 28 and from the USA. I know that there are a tonne of visa options.

I guess we were going to go though the "she comes over to the UK on a fiancée visa, we marry, and then she can either say here, or I apply to live out there in the USA"

However, the strain of being apart is recently started taking it's toll, and I was thinking "Sod it, I could just fly out there, and we could get this over with, once and for all". We could marry, and then I could stay out there. I would have the money to cover my expenses whilst I am waiting for what ever forms need processing. I would quit my job, or just not go back, and I don't have much in terms of possessions.

I don't know what else to do. All the formal ways seem lengthy and costly.

Can someone tell me what I should do?
I notice you say it is a possibility of her moving to the UK - if you really want to be together quickly then I imagine the UK fiance visa is a LOT quicker. If she is willing to do that then you can try that for a while - if she is not happy you could then apply for an immigrant visa to go to the US, and be together in the UK until you get it.

If the priority here is to be together then this would be my suggestion.