Wikiposts

What are my options?

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Chip Powers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What are my options?

Yeah. There has been a lot of umming and arring about what we are going to do.

I know it might be pushing it, but we are going of a summer wedding at the end of June in USA, and if we cant get that in time, then we're going for . So I am going to go over there on a fiancée visa. I know I mentioned the "10 foot pole" question, but I was told that by someone, so I just wanted to check its credibility.

So yes, I am going to go over there to be with Kelli. The delay has been to the fact that originally she was going to come over here.

So she if filling out the I-129F form as we speak. And we'll double check everything before submitting everything.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:46 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chip Powers

I know it might be pushing it, but we are going of a summer wedding at the end of June in USA, and if we cant get that in time, then we're going for . So I am going to go over there on a fiancée visa. I know I mentioned the "10 foot pole" question, but I was told that by someone, so I just wanted to check its credibility.

So yes, I am going to go over there to be with Kelli. The delay has been to the fact that originally she was going to come over here.

So she if filling out the I-129F form as we speak. And we'll double check everything before submitting everything.
And there's still no evidence that it's coming together.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You're not going to be able to make a summer wedding in the USA. The K-1 process takes about 8 to 10 months to complete. If she's filing the I-129F soon, you can look at maybe a fall or winter wedding later this year.

Rene
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Did you leave out a word? If you don't get the K-1 in time you are going for.. what?

Never mind. If you are set on getting married this summer and have already booked stuff, save the $455 or whatever the I-129f costs now. You are already throwing that $$ away.
Seriously. Or send it to me, I'll put it to good use. It's not going to get you a K-1 visa in time for a June wedding.

If you're hell-bent anyway, have Kelli review this before posting the petition (you know you have to send her some stuff with original signatures for her submission, right?)

GUIDELINES FOR THE FILING OF THE 1-129F PETITION FOR A FIANCE(E) BY A US CITIZEN
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I know I mentioned the "10 foot pole" question, but I was told that by someone, so I just wanted to check its credibility.
You checked the credibility of the entering, marrying and remaining scheme or the credibility of the person who told you this was the correct and 100% legal way to do things?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Wonderful, you just went forth in public and made a declaration of intent to violate the law if you can't have it your way. Good move Jack.

When it blows up, it blows up big. People like me then get to do the "janitorial work."
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Wonderful, you just went forth in public and made a declaration of intent to violate the law if you can't have it your way. Good move Jack.

When it blows up, it blows up big. People like me then get to do the "janitorial work."
Actually, it was never my intent to go this route. I was told this information and I wanted to check on here if it was a legitimate route. It isnt, so I am going ahead with my original plan. That was all.

I spoke to the American Embassy in London. The man I spoke to said the turn around times were 3 - 6 months for processing the k-1 visa in the USA. That is what I was told.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to the American Embassy in London.
Actually, you spoke to a 3rd-party contractor sitting in a call center in Scotland.

The man I spoke to said the turn around times were 3 - 6 months for processing the k-1 visa in the USA.
He was telling you what he was instructed to say... because that's the official party line. Even the US Supreme Court has said that you can not rely on, as accurate, any information given to you by someone working on behalf of the US government.

You are welcome to believe someone who has a cushy government job, or you can believe those of us who have actually been through the process and know the difference between reality and theory. The choice is yours!

Ian
Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, it was never my intent to go this route. I was told this information and I wanted to check on here if it was a legitimate route. It isnt, so I am going ahead with my original plan. That was all.
Just to clarify...your original plan is the K-1 visa, right?

The man I spoke to said the turn around times were 3 - 6 months for processing the k-1 visa in the USA. That is what I was told.
It seems that man is referring to only the I-129F processing in the USA. THAT part of the process could be 3 - 6 months, true. The REST of the process, where you actually apply for the K-1 visa, can be an additional 3 - 4 months, making the total processing time, from filing I-129F to getting K-1 in hand around 8 to 10 months.

Just trying to give you more realistic time frames here, so you don't get disappointed when you don't have your K-1 visa in 3 months.

Rene
Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:54 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Excellent. This is especially true in light of the fact that you have already let the cat out of the bag so to speak. But you didn't cross the line yet.

BTW, even getting adjusted is no guarantee they can't later take it away. They even have authority to denaturalize if the green card underlying the naturalization was obtained by fraud. [That one got litigated a lot in the 80's & 90's and to date].

Good luck.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:10 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Chip - If you're interested in making the separation a bit more tolerable, you could always enter the US and your American fiancee' can file the K1 petition while you are here. That's what my now-husband and I did three years ago. If memory serves me, I mailed everything off within his first week of being here.

Like the others have said, the stateside processing of your visa is likely to take six months. If you're here together during some of that time, it helps take the 'edge' off. You could probably stay the entire 90 days if you like, and still get home in loads of time to finish off the process the 'right' way.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:21 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I've read through this entire thread now. In his first post the OP said: "I am 30 and based in the UK. I met my [USC] fiancée on the internet back in May 2006 and we are looking to be together."

In addition to his obvious confusion about the K1 visa (and his determination to resist accepting that there's no way he'll have a K1 visa in hand before June), everyone seems to assume that this couple is even eligible for a K1 visa in the first place.

My question to Chip is: Have you and Kelli actually spent time together in person before?

~ Jenney
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:25 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Ok, I've read through this entire thread now. In his first post the OP said: "I am 30 and based in the UK. I met my [USC] fiancée on the internet back in May 2006 and we are looking to be together."

In addition to his obvious confusion about the K1 visa (and his determination to resist accepting that there's no way he'll have a K1 visa in hand before June), everyone seems to assume that this couple is even eligible for a K1 visa in the first place.

My question to Chip is: Have you and Kelli actually spent time together in person before?

~ Jenney

Ooops! So true.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

~ Jenney
Ha ha, yes, we have met in person. I have introduced her to my friends in America, and I have met her friends as well over there. She is also due her in over a month and we will spend more time together. This will be her first time in the UK.

We have a tonne of proof of a "relationship" and proof that we have spent time together. It taints the whole idea that we have to prove everything, but I do understand why. I also understand that this might be a sham for some people, but I know that for her and I, this is a serious matter.

I am not a dead cert for a marriage in June, but we had spoken about a summer wedding that is all. After speaking to someone at the US Embassy in London, it was them that gave me the indication that this would be possible.

I am really only on this forum because I am trying to get as much helpful information about this whole process. If my information is incorrect, then it is because I have been ill informed.

I'm sorry if everyone here is doubting me, but I don't mean to ruffle feathers.

I am just trying to get from A to B like everyone else.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha, yes, we have met in person. I have introduced her to my friends in America, and I have met her friends as well over there. She is also due her in over a month and we will spend more time together. This will be her first time in the UK.

We have a tonne of proof of a "relationship" and proof that we have spent time together. It taints the whole idea that we have to prove everything, but I do understand why. I also understand that this might be a sham for some people, but I know that for her and I, this is a serious matter.

I am not a dead cert for a marriage in June, but we had spoken about a summer wedding that is all. After speaking to someone at the US Embassy in London, it was them that gave me the indication that this would be possible.

I am really only on this forum because I am trying to get as much helpful information about this whole process. If my information is incorrect, then it is because I have been ill informed.

I'm sorry if everyone here is doubting me, but I don't mean to ruffle feathers.

I am just trying to get from A to B like everyone else.
Hi Chip, and welcome.

Folks are (understandably) suspicious, since a lot of people come on the board trying to get away with the illegal method. I see you are not.

You'd need a miracle to make it a June wedding.

We just did a K-1. It was three months to the day when we had our petition approved. It was another three-four months (approx.) to get the K-1 visa.

imo - you need to plan on a bare MINIMUM of six months, and probably more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.