What happens after the interview

Wikiposts

What happens after the interview

Old Jul 18th 2005, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

lemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happens after the interview

Hello,

My wife is a K1 Visa and we got married.

My question what happens after the interview. Will he passport be stamped. Can we travel abroad and come back without any problems.

Thank you
Old Jul 18th 2005, 10:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens after the interview

Originally Posted by lemon
Hello,

My wife is a K1 Visa and we got married.

My question what happens after the interview. Will he passport be stamped. Can we travel abroad and come back without any problems.

Thank you
Hi lemon,

If your wife gets her AOS approved at the interview, you can ask to have her passport stamped with the I-551. If the Officer does that, then yes, she can most likely travel abroad and return without any problems, as long as she's not gone longer than 6 months at one time.

Rene
Old Jul 18th 2005, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

lemon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi lemon,

If your wife gets her AOS approved at the interview, you can ask to have her passport stamped with the I-551. If the Officer does that, then yes, she can most likely travel abroad and return without any problems, as long as she's not gone longer than 6 months at one time.

Rene
Thank you,
The thing is that even though if we apply for the Travel Document we have seen on tv some cases people no being allowed reentry. I dont know why but that is a chance we do not want to take.

Just felt like going to europe or a taking a cruise.

We'll wait.

People who do the K visa are patient people already,

Thank you
Old Jul 18th 2005, 10:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lemon
Thank you,
The thing is that even though if we apply for the Travel Document we have seen on tv some cases people no being allowed reentry. I dont know why but that is a chance we do not want to take.

Just felt like going to europe or a taking a cruise.

We'll wait.

People who do the K visa are patient people already,

Thank you
You got that right about the K visa people...and really all people going through immigration have to have a ton of patience!

If your wife has no previous overstays or anything on her record, she should be OK to return to the USA with the AP document while she's waiting for her AOS interview. But I do understand if you don't want to risk that.

Rene